Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scheduling is open for January flex

canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
edited January 2021 in General 8313 karma

If you have a proctorU account (edit:maybe) you can schedule your test. Good luck!

Comments

• carolyn.fcarolyn.f Member
    56 karma

When you logged in, was there an active exam? I'm still not seeing one, wondering if they're adding people in waves or something...

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

@"carolyn.f" said:
    When you logged in, was there an active exam? I'm still not seeing one, wondering if they're adding people in waves or something...

Yes.

https://i.imgur.com/X11LYgo.png

• ksheppa7ksheppa7 Member
    30 karma

I am not seeing one either!

• GeorgeTown_or_BustGeorgeTown_or_Bust Alum Member
    3 karma

When do we have to set up a proctor?

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited January 2021 905 karma

I'm not seeing an active exam either ... I just checked.

• 66 karma

The email that went out yesterday said "Sign-up will begin at 12 noon Eastern Time, Thursday, January 7." What's going on here?

• natalienardonatalienardo Core Member
    edited January 2021 24 karma

According to the email sent by LSAC yesterday: "Sign-up will begin at 12 noon Eastern Time, Thursday, January 7. You will receive an email at that time with detailed instructions to guide you through the scheduling process."

• nanabillannanabillan Member
    347 karma

if it is your first LSAT you won't see one I don't think

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

it shouldnt be available yet, scheduling opens noon tomorrow

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

if this is my first flex, can I make a proctor u account and schedule it? Or do I have to wait for the email?

8313 karma

Usually if you already have a PU account through school or a previous LSAT you can access the scheduling a day early. For past tests there have been workarounds involving registering with a different institution or the "forgot password" feature, but I'm not sure how or if it still works.

Anyway, I was able to see all the times and schedule no problem.

edited January 2021 8313 karma

@GeorgeTown_or_Bust said:
    When do we have to set up a proctor?

On test day after you verify, you get queued for a proctor. Starting today... or I guess tomorrow for most people, you just get to schedule a time.

• edited January 2021 1952 karma

the op is right; some people were able to sign up and have already scheduled their jan lsat.
    i know what the email says, but this has been an old "trick" that many test takers have done in the past.

@emmorens said:
    if this is my first flex, can I make a proctor u account and schedule it? Or do I have to wait for the email?

if this is your first flex, lsac will be creating your proctor u account with the email address that you use to log in to your lsac account.
    you can check back tonight (if not now): try logging in with your email address, then click "forgot password." this is how people could get into the proctor u system before the date scheduled on their email.

• 118 karma

Do forget password and sign up now before more spots get filled

• carolyn.fcarolyn.f Member
    56 karma

Just FYI, looks like if you took it in November only you won't be able to access it. Before that seems to be good though!

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited January 2021 905 karma

I think they're sending updates to the system in batches (maybe based on when we signed up for the test??). My test session just appeared at 6pm. I did have to re-update my preferences though, before it would let me schedule. But, a notification at the top will alert you (it's a pretty obvious red bar, compared to the green bars), if you also have this as a problem. :) It wasn't showing up earlier today (test or red bar), so I think when they sent my session over, it reset details in my PU settings.

There do appear to be LOTS of spaces for times, so hopefully everyone will get their choice if they're still waiting for their session to show up (or the email from LSAC).

• MissLSATMissLSAT Alum Member
    219 karma

In November (first time) I did the forgot password trick to sign up. I was able to sign up for January by just logging into my Proctor U account.

• JLawSchoolCJLawSchoolC Member
    115 karma

Was there availability on January 21st?

• yazminseyazminse Member
    193 karma

@JLawSchoolC i dont see the 21. I only see till the 19

115 karma

is the 18th taken? @yazminse

• 1952 karma

just fyi, lsac typically holds the last few days reserved for non-traditional test takers and re-testers.

i took the august flex; the email clearly said that the testing period went from august 29 - sept 4, but the latest date i could sign up for was sept 2 (sept 3 and 4 were blocked).

i took the august flex on sept 2, but had a terrible experience (kicked out of the exam for +4 hours). and lsac gave me the option to retest on sept 4, which i did.

yes, this hypothesis is based on anecdotal evidence; but if you listen to a few powerscore podcasts, they also say that lsac typically holds the last few days off for non-traditional test takers.

you're fine and weren't late to sign up for jan 20 or 21 (which probably were blocked off to begin with). hope this gives you an ease of mind if you were freaking out.

good luck everybody!

• outdoor26outdoor26 Member
    28 karma

Was anyone able to sign up for the 21st? I am a first time test taker and am curious if those days are blocked for 'retakes' or special purposes.

@outdoor26 said:
    Was anyone able to sign up for the 21st? I am a first time test taker and am curious if those days are blocked for 'retakes' or special purposes.

Possibly or for accommodated tests maybe? There is also typically a break day in the testing window. From what I can tell I got in pretty early, and the last two days weren't an option. I haven't tried today but on a past test I was able to call in and get a day that wasn't shown as an option... might be worth trying if you need the 20th/21st.

@"LOWERCASE EVERYTHING" said:
    just fyi, lsac typically holds the last few days reserved for non-traditional test takers and re-testers.

i took the august flex; the email clearly said that the testing period went from august 29 - sept 4, but the latest date i could sign up for was sept 2 (sept 3 and 4 were blocked).

i took the august flex on sept 2, but had a terrible experience (kicked out of the exam for +4 hours). and lsac gave me the option to retest on sept 4, which i did.

yes, this hypothesis is based on anecdotal evidence; but if you listen to a few powerscore podcasts, they also say that lsac typically holds the last few days off for non-traditional test takers.

you're fine and weren't late to sign up for jan 20 or 21 (which probably were blocked off to begin with). hope this gives you an ease of mind if you were freaking out.

good luck everybody!

Agreed and definitely nothing wrong with this... sure people want an extra few days of prep, but should something go wrong, its way better to have the opportunity to retake as opposed to waiting for the next test, especially for this one where waiting could have a huge impact on admissions outcomes.

• yazminseyazminse Member
    193 karma

@JLawSchoolC the 16-19 are all available. the 20 and 21 are probably reserved for people with accommodations

115 karma

is anyone else having trouble seeing times available on the 18th? when I chose times throughout the day on the 18th, nothing is showing up. Thanks in advance.

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

I was also hoping to pick the 20 or 21st and am a bit surprised to see it not showing up :(

• buiztolawbuiztolaw Core Member
    38 karma

Are there any drawbacks to taking the test later rather than earlier? I chose Jan 19th, but I'm not quite sure if chances of running into any technical issues is correlated with your test date.

8313 karma

@buiztolaw said:
    Are there any drawbacks to taking the test later rather than earlier? I chose Jan 19th, but I'm not quite sure if chances of running into any technical issues is correlated with your test date.

It has in the past, where the highest volume days had the most problems. My opinion is that you should just pick the day that affords you the best conditions based on factors you can control.

• buiztolawbuiztolaw Core Member
    38 karma

@canihazJD said:

@buiztolaw said:

It has in the past, where the highest volume days had the most problems. My opinion is that you should just pick the day that affords you the best conditions based on factors you can control.

Thanks for your response. I was under the impression that the weekend options would be the most popular ones since a good portion of test takers might have work/school on weekdays. But you're saying it might be in fact the other way around?

• WHOSNANCYYWHOSNANCYY Member
    5 karma

I was able to log and see the dates to schedule. When it comes down to actually selecting a time the function does nothing. Anyone else have the same issue? Has anyone actually been able to select the test date and time?

• siomara.flores.13siomara.flores.13 Core Member
    4 karma

I was able to register for a time slot. However, I did run into an issue, when I tested my equipment the RAM usage failed. I don't know what that means and when I took the October LSAT I didn't have that issue. Anyone know how to fix it?

@buiztolaw said:

@canihazJD said:

@buiztolaw said:

Thanks for your response. I was under the impression that the weekend options would be the most popular ones since a good portion of test takers might have work/school on weekdays. But you're saying it might be in fact the other way around?

No, I don't know which would be the higher volume days... I tend to agree it would be the weekend. I was just saying in the past the higher volume days were the ones people were having issues, particularly disconnections that ProctorU claimed to be their internet connection... but the fact that a lot of these people has reliable connections, landlines in some instances, leads me to believe it was a result of ProctorU not being able to handle the volume. I was addressing the last part of your post:

I'm not quite sure if chances of running into any technical issues is correlated with your test date.

8313 karma

@"siomara.flores.13" said:
    I was able to register for a time slot. However, I did run into an issue, when I tested my equipment the RAM usage failed. I don't know what that means and when I took the October LSAT I didn't have that issue. Anyone know how to fix it?

Get on their chat and have the rep run an equipment check.

• BarbaraDBarbaraD Member
    edited January 2021 90 karma

I was able to book my mine! January 19, 2021 10:20