Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I write GPA addendum for ADHD

Hey all! I had a late ADHD diagnosis an went through most of college not knowing I had it till Junior year when I got diagnosed. I ended up with a 3.5 which isn’t terrible but I’m wondering if I should write an addendum explaining my late ADHD diagnosis. I have issues with slow processing speeds, inattentiveness, periods of spiked energy and then no energy at all and also it takes me longer to learn and retain.

Comments

• aj412garciaaj412garcia Member
    edited December 2020 55 karma

I got accoms (don't wanna say how much) because of ADHD/Bipolar. Message me if you need insight. But to directly answer your question, yes you should if you feel you need it and yes you can get accommodations!

• Clementine-2Clementine-2 Member
    208 karma

@aj412garcia said:
    I got accoms (don't wanna say how much) because of ADHD/Bipolar. Message me if you need insight. But to directly answer your question, yes you should if you feel you need it and yes you can get accommodations!

Thanks for your feedback I sent you a dm! :smile:

• aj412garciaaj412garcia Member
    55 karma

Oh hi I just saw this, do you still need some help with this?!

208 karma

@aj412garcia said:
    Oh hi I just saw this, do you still need some help with this?!

Yes! Any advice is appreciated!

• stephanietemmer3stephanietemmer3 Free Trial Member
    8 karma

No, in my opinion that is a very respectable GPA. Unless you have a semester on your transcript where you were placed on academic probation or were academically dismissed, then I would write one. Otherwise, I think you are drawing unnecessary negative attention to a fine GPA.

208 karma

@stephanietemmer3 said:
    No, in my opinion that is a very respectable GPA. Unless you have a semester on your transcript where you were placed on academic probation or were academically dismissed, then I would write one. Otherwise, I think you are drawing unnecessary negative attention to a fine GPA.

Ah, that’s a good point. I’ve been on the fence about it. Thank you for the tip!