Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Day before exam..

cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
edited January 2021 in General 496 karma

What is everyones thoughts on getting one last PT in the day before the exam?

PT day before
  1. PT day before exam?66 votes
    1. Hell No
      78.79%
    2. Maybe
      13.64%
    3. Hell yes
        7.58%

Comments

• iLSAT180iLSAT180 Core Member
    52 karma

I think it could lead to burnout

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

nope.

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

@canihazJD ya youre prob right, i just missed a day and had a set amount i wanted to, so was wondering if it would make sense to still try and squeeze it in

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited January 2021 8313 karma

In addition to risking burning out, you wouldn't have time to adequately review it anyway. Your brain is like a muscle as it relates to this test. You wouldn't run a marathon the day before you run a marathon. Just throw in some short sets of questions you struggle with.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I would say absolutely not. The day before your test you want to relax as much as possible. It isn't worth doing a PT and possibly scoring lower. My recommendation would be to plan your final PT early in the week before you test. Review in detail and if you score where you want to, then you are done. If you don't you can try one more test in a couple days ( ideally this would be on something like a Monday and Wednesday) the week before. I heard one of the old AMAs a recommendation by one the Sages to not score your last PT and not to score anything within the last few days before the test. She felt confidence and being mentally relaxed going into the test took priority. I would agree with her when she said that you really aren't going to be learning anything a couple days before the test anyway. The last couple of weeks before a PT is all about drilling areas of weakness but more importantly developing a strategy for the test as a whole, each section, question type ect as well as trying to make sure you are mentally in the right headspace.