Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). "Please Put Your Pencils Down" - 7Sage Forum

"Please Put Your Pencils Down"

LoraxManLoraxMan Alum Member
in General 180 karma
Hi 7sagers,

I have a question about test taking. At the end of the section the test proctor says "please put your pencils down."

While the proctor is saying this, can we bubble in our last answer(s)? Unfortunately as I am often considering 1 or 2 questions at the end of time on a section, this is a real concern for me. I want to be able to at least fill out a bubble for each question. And there is a second or two between when the proctor starts saying this and stops saying this which (if you are hovering on a last question) can allow you to jot down your best (or automatic) guess.

What are the experiences of those who have taken the test with this issue?

Thanks

Comments

• ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    You're supposed to put your pencils down as soon as the proctor says this. You risk getting caught and your test not getting scored.

In feb, there were at least two instances where my proctor pretty much yelled at people to put your pencils down. I saw the proctors talking to these two people during break so I don't know if their test were invalid or not.
  • sarkisp23sarkisp23 Alum Member
    374 karma
    While he's speaking that sentence do whatever you want. He/she is still speaking. You don't know what he's about to say. For all he knows, you're just waiting for him to complete his sentence so that you can comprehend what he said and obey accordingly.
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6868 karma
    It's technically against the rules. Are you likely to get called on it? Probably not. On the other hand, how willing are you to stake your test score on your proctor being lenient? I hear it's pretty cool to have a misconduct mark on your record.

If two seconds makes the difference, then learn how to do something else two seconds faster and make up the time there. Do things the right way, not just a way that you can get away with.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    1294 karma
    Depends on your proctor. I got shafted once and given a warning for bubbling in a completed answer after the proctor announced to put our pencils down.
  • hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    RISKY BUSINESS!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"Jonathan Wang" said:
    Do things the right way, not just a way that you can get away with.
    *THIS.* Might print this quote out and put it on my wall.