Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combatting LSAT Anxiety: A Mindset Approach

emmorensemmorens Core Member
edited January 2021 in January 2021 LSAT 1470 karma

Hey all!

I am taking the Jan Flex next Tuesday and, as a nervous test taker, I often feel like I won't reach my potential because I don't believe that I can. So, I wanted to share an article that helped me reduce my own negative energy and anxiety over the weekend, in the hopes of helping someone else who is feeling similarly with test day approaching.

I truly believe your mindset is your greatest asset. The only thing stopping you from achieving that 180, 170, 160 (or whatever else it may be on test day!) are the limits you set on yourself...so, don't set limits on your capabilities!

The article is below and it's a really great read for anyone working on a goal.

Happy studying!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/how-to-overcome-selfsabot_b_10641530

Comments

• amanda.n98amanda.n98 Core Member
    65 karma

Thank you so much! I'm going to give this a read. I am also taking the exam on Tuesday and have MAJOR test anxiety, so honestly I'll probably start crying during the exam lol. But it's so reassuring to hear that someone else deals with the same thing. Good luck on Tuesday. You hold more power than you know:)

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

Thank you so much for sharing! I'm taking it next Tuesday as well and completely choked during the October test due to anxiety. Since then, I've read Performing Under Pressure (Weisinger and Pawliw-Fry) after seeing it recommended here on 7sage. It's great to feel so supported by this community and to know that I'm not the only one. We got this!

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    edited January 2021 437 karma

I feel :'( Mine is more anxiety leading up to the exam...coming from the girl who just lost almost all of last night's sleep because of test anxiety... good luck all

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

@nw_39796 said:
    I feel :'( Mine is more anxiety leading up to the exam...coming from the girl who just lost almost all of last night's sleep because of test anxiety... good luck all

I've been taking a magnesium supplement at night and it really helps. I forgot where I heard this from, but the 3M's of self-care are: Movement, Meditation, Magnesium! :smiley:

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

im also writing my (hopefully) final LSAT on tuesday. its been a long process and im terrified. im the worst with self sabotage so im just trying to tell myself to take it easy and not to do things that will make me feel bad about myself in the future

• 375 karma

Thank you so so much for sharing! I definitely relate.

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

I'm so glad to see there are others that feel similarly. I'm definitely a ball of nerves and will be until Tuesday! I've been working out everyday to put my spare energy somewhere,. and have been doing the meditation that is in the CC.