Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Debating on switching my test date from Jan to Feb

RA-1RA-1 Core Member

Any advice would be appreciated. This is my first time taking the flex (3rd time taking the lsat overall) and I’ve basically been studying every day since June 2020, like studying has become my full time job for the past 6 months. Initially, I started at a score of 143 and, to my dismay, I’ve been PTing around 157/158 (using the flex option on 7Sage) but My blind review is always 174-177. I’m aiming for a 170+ score but constantly getting in the 150s has seriously hit my confidence. I want to apply for fall 2021, and I’m debating whether I should switch it to feb to give myself another month to improve or if I should just chill out these next few days and take it on Saturday

Comments

• Bronco78Bronco78 Member
    11 karma

I mean realistically if you havent improved for the past couple months what is an extra month really going to contribute? You also have to think that the later you submit your application the smaller your chances are of getting in as many lawschools have most of their incoming class figured out already by march.

• Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
    552 karma

I would say take it January, and then you always have February if you really want to take it again. This is if you really want to apply this cycle.

• EllegoalsEllegoals Member
    342 karma

If you're aiming for 170+ and you haven't hit the 160's yet, I would push it back. You CAN improve in a month, but you will likely have to push back a cycle unfortunately.

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

Doesn't look like you will hit your goal. Its no joke to be hitting 170+. Push to April.

• amanda.n98amanda.n98 Core Member
    65 karma

I would suggest still taking it in January and seeing how it goes/having the experience of the set-up for flex. And then taking it again in February or April if you're still not happy with your score!