Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bombed PT 89 days before my Flex

emmorensemmorens Core Member
edited January 2021 in General 1470 karma

I've been scoring between 157-159 the past few tests, in the hopes of hitting the 160s before my flex on Tuesday.

Just took PT 89, which was probably a mistake lol. Although I could definitely feel that I wasn't into it (ie: tired, wasn't reading as clearly) I got a 151 which is what I scored last February... ouch.

I know this probably isn't indicative of my progress or how things will go next week, just looking for some reassurance I guess. Or thoughts from anyone else who may have experienced something similar.

I had heard 89 was difficult but I didn't think it would be difficult enough to bring me back to where I was a year ago when I joined 7 Sage lol. For the record it was mainly my RC score, but still...scary this close to my test.

I had planned on taking the May Flex as my last PT before my test on Tuesday? Do you guys think that I should? (ie: is it more or less likely that I will get a confidence boost from it lol) Otherwise I will just take the timed sections separately rather than a timed exam.

Side note: how on earth did I get ONE question right on the first arts passage, but FIVE right on the peptides passage???? What even is my life? ?@ 2be2ui

Comments

• 66 karma

Don't worry about it too much. In fact, I would try to shake it out of your system entirely by doing a set of 2 super easy LG or 2 super easy RC passages and then STOP STUDYING. You got this. You put in the work for months. Don't burn yourself out at the end here. You want to have all the energy you need for your exam. Fretting about one low PT score isn't going to help you at all.

PT 88 kicked my ass 3 days ago and I take my exam tomorrow. But it's OK. Those late 80s are tough practice tests; use them to represent the worst case scenario of what you would see on an actual exam, not as a predictor of how you are going to perform.

• Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
    552 karma

Hiii! I think you worked super hard up to now ^^ like this previous person said.

Let your hard work speak for itself on test day. Try not to take too many tests right now that would only put you in panic mode, and if you really want to make some incremental learning - maybe do sections instead of full tests so that you don't get stressed out by your scores! Trying to take more PTs might only make you more stressed about the test.

Otherwise - also consider taking a short break!!

Or to boost your confidence, maybe do old material that you've done before and reinforce some learning that you've done and see what mistakes you continue to make. As you get closer to your test date do things that minimize stress and more confidence so you can perform your very best.

Your PTs are not predicting your score. You have to look at the average of your recent PTs, plus or minus some. You can still do better than the PT you just took!!

You got this :)

• Angela KimAngela Kim Core Member
    98 karma

Hey! Like the comments above, it's better to stop taking full timed PT now and just drill timed sections to review because taking PT now can cause mental panic regarding scores. You've done the work and just have the Mamba Mentality to the finish line :) We got this.

• yoderyoder Core Member
    edited January 2021 60 karma

Dont worry! one bad test holds less weight than several good tests.
    I took PT 88 a few days ago (which I also took as an actual LSAT and the flower game ruined my life BOTH times) but this Flex is likely to be a run of the mill exam with nothing too absurd thrown at you. You've done all the prep, just have faith in yourself!

• kc3mjkc3mj Member
    17 karma

hi! if you rlly want to do may flex as ur last pt before the exam, many have said that it can serve as a confidence booster. good luck to us both :)

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

I also bombed 89 days before before my actual Flex!! I scored 12 points higher on my actual Flex than on that PT. Don't let a dumb PT knock your confidence :)

• LSATcracker-1LSATcracker-1 Alum Member
    88 karma

To OP, one PT has no indication on how you'll do on the real thing. Similar to you, i bombed PT89 before my Oct. Flex, but still end up scoring in the low 170s on the real thing. Trust the process and the hard work you've put in - they will pay off in Jan flex for you!

• amandapvamandapv Member
    45 karma

I feel like this is super common with the exam nerves setting in and burn out from all the studying. I also experienced a score dip right before I took the November exam and I panicked (which I think was the reason that I did ed up scoring below my average). This time I've been doing much better and again I experienced a dip but I'm not letting it scare me. I think it is a good idea to finish on a high note so take sections and redo games to rebuild your confidence. Good LUCK!

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

Thank you all! I really needed this. I hope these comments can help someone else who has maybe done the same thing as me.

I'm taking it as a win because I know I won't be sitting for PT 89 on Tuesday (lol) and gonna focus on some timed sections and drilling my weaknesses. :)

Good luck everyone! <3