Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here's what to expect tomorrow

lynn.jia159lynn.jia159 Core Member

As we head into test day tomorrow, and as someone taking this exam for the second time, the single most important piece of advice I can give you is:

Do. Not. Panic.

The second you panic this test has won. The second you panic you've thrown all your months of studying out the window - all your hundreds of hours blind reviewing and fool proofing lost to anxiety and franticness. You know exactly when you've spent too long on a question and need to move on. You've done the work, now trust that work to carry you across the finish line.

Make sure you have your scratch paper ready (5 pieces), your ID, your favorite pens and a bottle of water. Log onto the proctorU site early and run your diagnostics one more time. Make sure you use the bathroom because once you sit down, you're not allowed to get back up. Clear your mind and calm yourself.

Your proctor will open a chat box with you. They'll ask to see your ID and your pieces of blank paper back and front. They will ask you to show them your testing area, so be ready to carry your laptop around.

During the test, the timer is your guide, not your enemy. It's actually showing how long you have until this nightmare is over. You just need to hold on for 35 minutes at a time. You have about :30 seconds between each section - USE IT. Straighten your back, drink your water and mentally steady yourself. Two hours will fly by. At the end your proctor will ask you to rip up your scratch paper, which I was more than happy to do.

Lastly, take it easy. We are not all going to get a 165+ (I know I'm definitely not). But more than likely, you WILL get a score good enough to get into a law school. You WILL finish your applications this cycle, and you WILL enroll somewhere. And for those of us balancing the rigors of study with a full time job, we finally won't be stretched so thin across emails, projects, and LSAT review. What a relief.

You'll do great. Now keep calm and fucking crush this test.

Comments

• m98kennedym98kennedy Core Member
    11 karma

Didn't know I needed this, but I reallllyy did. Thank you🥺🥺

• Angela KimAngela Kim Core Member
    98 karma

thank you for this :D really helped me to put everything into perspective :)

• GHIGGINS154GHIGGINS154 Core Member
    74 karma

Thank you!

• RyandispRyandisp Member
    13 karma

Good luck!

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

Thanks

• Destined4GREATERDestined4GREATER Core Member
    66 karma

Thank you for the encouragement!! We got this!!

• Masters512xMasters512x Member
    81 karma

Thank you so much for this!

• JDream2023JDream2023 Alum Member
    984 karma

I don’t sit for the test until next month but this was a great read. Thanks for sharing.

• alexmahmoudalexmahmoud Core Member
    89 karma

YASSSSSS!!!!!!!! Good Luck everyone!!!!!!!!

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

this is my THIRD time writing the test, and im also trying to apply for this cycle. one thing about the LSAT is that it seems so daunting and terrifying, but really, it's just you sitting in your room alone for a few hours answering questions that you've spent months preparing yourself for. and after you rip up your paper and the proctor disconnects, you're just sitting there like "....huh. guess that's it then" and then you go on with your day!

as you said, you likely WILL get a score good enough to get in somewhere, and even if it's only 1 school, you can either go there or try again next year. either way, there are options, and this test isn't the end of the world. it's not even the most important test of our legal careers!

• sharinsasharinsa Core Member
    45 karma

I have a question!!! I am using my MAC computer and it is heavy, I can carry it but due to the power source (plug) the mobility is limited. May I still use this to take the test?

• RoryLantzRoryLantz Core Member
    3 karma

@sharinsa said:
    I have a question!!! I am using my MAC computer and it is heavy, I can carry it but due to the power source (plug) the mobility is limited. May I still use this to take the test?

You just need to be able to show your proctor the whole room from your webcam. Hope this helps.

• kcschempfkcschempf Alum Member
    15 karma

Thank you! I'm taking the exam in my studio apartment, does anyone have any advice for the room check? All of my electronics are put away and I was thinking about covering my TV with a blanket.

• blaiquebrownblaiquebrown Member
    28 karma

The hero we need

• 14 karma

Oh thank you! I am taking the February LSAT and always seem to have testing anxiety on any test. I took up yoga to control my breathing!

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

this is my third time writing but fourth attempt technically because I cancelled one of my scores... thank you! And I'm so happy you're all done! :)

• lynn.jia159lynn.jia159 Core Member
    edited January 2021 53 karma

@m98kennedy said:
    Didn't know I needed this, but I reallllyy did. Thank you🥺🥺

Good luck, baby doll, you'll be brilliant :)

53 karma

@allisonshaddox said:
    Oh thank you! I am taking the February LSAT and always seem to have testing anxiety on any test. I took up yoga to control my breathing!

YES! I have pretty bad testing anxiety and a defeatist attitude. To put myself in a better place mentally, before every practice test (and my real tests) I would do a quick yoga flow to loosen up followed by a 10-15 minute mindfulness meditation. The calmer you are, the clearer you think. You've studied so hard for so long - now let your prep guide you. Best of luck in Feb! CRUSH IT!

53 karma

@kilgoretrout said:
    this is my THIRD time writing the test, and im also trying to apply for this cycle. one thing about the LSAT is that it seems so daunting and terrifying, but really, it's just you sitting in your room alone for a few hours answering questions that you've spent months preparing yourself for. and after you rip up your paper and the proctor disconnects, you're just sitting there like "....huh. guess that's it then" and then you go on with your day!

as you said, you likely WILL get a score good enough to get in somewhere, and even if it's only 1 school, you can either go there or try again next year. either way, there are options, and this test isn't the end of the world. it's not even the most important test of our legal careers!

Exactly. Two hours vs your entire life of experiences, relationships and achievements.
    Good luck on your test and your apps! See you in court, counselor ;)

53 karma

@"Angela Kim" said:
    thank you for this :D really helped me to put everything into perspective :)

You'll be brilliant! Your score is important, but it does not capture how complex and smart and unique you are as a person. Best of luck!!!