The Loophole - Highly Recommend

jpoznan0587jpoznan0587 Core Member
edited January 2021 in Logical Reasoning 220 karma

This book has changed my perspective on LR.
I highly recommend. This book, coupled with the core curriculum, is gold.
I finally found myself getting the correct answers almost automatically.
The trick : even though the book is written in "layman's terms" - I made a Quizlet set for each chapter. This will help you tremendously if you're struggling with LR.

Have you read The Loophole?
  1. Yes - it helped tremendeouly.244 votes
    1. Yes - but just made things more confusing
      21.72%
    2. No - but heard of it.
      36.48%
    3. No - what is The Loophole ?
      41.80%

Comments

• FautApprendreLSAT1FautApprendreLSAT1 Core Member
    314 karma

Yes, but I think I went through it so quickly that it did not really impact my score. I am still missing as much as I was before, but I plan to go through it again and make flashcards as you suggested. I still think it's a game changer in that it really help me think about the questions and answers in a new way.

• derry.karen6derry.karen6 Core Member
    134 karma

Hey there!!

I'd love to check out the quizlet set you created - any way you can send me the link??

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

I would love to see it as well if you're open to sharing!

• havinagrattimhavinagrattim Member
    edited January 2021 94 karma

If you don't mind sharing, I'd also love to see the Quizlet! Thanks!

Also, obviously it sounds like you have a had a very positive experience using both 7sage and Loophole, but how well do they complement each other? I know some people don't mind juggling different approaches, but I'm not sure if I want to delve into something that will push me to alter the way in which I have learned to approach LR through 7sage.

• awevans9awevans9 Core Member
    28 karma

Following to see if he posts the quizlet :)

• nnnnnnzzzznnnnnnzzzz Member
    edited January 2021 177 karma

Loophole helps me understand the NA and SA better. I rarely got the NA questions wrong unless they are 4-5 stars. Before reading the book, I even got the 2-3 stars wrong.

The book emphasizes translating the stimuli into your own words and has strategies to do so. With that skills, you will often find the loophole / correct answer choice even before reading the answer choices.

Highly recommend this book.

• snowerdavidsnowerdavid Core Member
    12 karma

Any way to access the book online?

• ChinaBoyChinaBoy Member
    107 karma

Following in case OP posts quizlet link

• jpoznan0587jpoznan0587 Core Member
    220 karma

I messaged anyone who asked for the Quizlet :-) with my link.

• Student1015Student1015 Member
    77 karma

I would love to get the link as well too if you're willing to share! Thank you so much! cries

• BeMoreChill99BeMoreChill99 Member
    44 karma

I would love the link to your quizlet if you don't mind sharing

edited January 2021 220 karma

NZ- yes I found that the SA - conclusion - NA method helped me TREMENDOUSLY - especially the "Thor Hammer" example

Snowerdavid - I'm not sure if it comes in digital format but you would be better off buying it to do the exercises in the book. This is the website : https://elementalprep.com/

• javanrojjavanroj Core Member
    38 karma

Can I have the link to your quizlet too please?

edited January 2021 220 karma

Also : this is how I balanced everything with the abundance of resources out there.

It may not work for everyone but it helped me so I figured I would pass it along. Also, Message me if you would like my quizlet link :smiley: With this crazy 2020 - 2021 , I'm hoping this can bring a little ease to such a stressful time. Also - I am by no means an LSAT expert, but I found balancing the below resources this way helped the most:

I wasn't learning much from 7Sage LR - it was going too fast for me personally. I'm not a fast learner because I've never taken a logic course in my life ... so I needed to make the decision to slow down and not be so focused on a test date like it's a timeline. That was literally keeping me up at night which did nothing to help me study with no sleep. I had to put my ego aside and realize, for me personally, learning LR is like learning a new language. I know this is not the same for everyone - some people (like my Father whose doesn't even have a Bachelor's, can answer LSAT questions correctly from me just reading them to him! )

SO once I completed CC on LR in 7Sage, then I completely stopped looking at the 7Sage CC and dedicated 100% of my time the The Loophole

Prior to 7Sage, I started with LG and found the PSB (Powerscore Bibles helped me the most re: LG ) - that was over the summer. Then I had to sort of take a step back when I realized JY's methods weren't working for me in particular for LR and realized I needed to focus solely on The Loophole. I did everything separately if that makes sense.

There are alot of LSAT questions in The Loophole with accompanying explanations online which helps a lot. Their written out - not videos. I find JY , as helpful as he is, assumes that I know more than I do and he zooms through the explanations so quick ! I also made universal and existential quantifiers from 7Sage on my Quizlet and coupled it with Loophole. The Loophole simplifies it whereas I felt that whole chart thing JY had made my head dizzy. That's the only time they overlapped on my Quizlet. (7Sage and Loophole)

The main thing that helped was being able to understand I need to take my time and not set a test date in stone, this was key , but instead slowly work towards a target score not a target test date. When I did that, my anxiety went away a lot. The anxiety and no sleep was stopping me from focusing correctly. Ironically, slowing down my studying helped me to speed up my understanding, and in turn, speed up my time in answering LR.

I also have Mike Kim's LSAT Trainer book which I was told is best for RC. I haven't started RC yet b/c I think from reading so much stimuli in The Loophole - I can get through RC passages much faster. (My diagnostic on 7 Sage was 154 / 158 w/BR and my worst section was RC)

Im shooting to April FLEX - but am in no rush - especially considering the state of the world. My goal is to apply for early admissions/scholarship for 2022 at Rutgers where I am an alumni and I look at it as the extra study time will pay off if I can do the accelerated program and get schooling done quicker anyway.

Basically: I got LG down first over the summer using Powerscore, did the LR CC on 7Sage, totally stopped 7Sage to read The Loophole and if you have the time- do about 8 hrs a day ( I was laid off and live with my parents so I fortunately have the opportunity to dedicate full time to LSAT study) and I'm almost done with reading The Loophole in 3 weeks. It's worth it if LR isn't making sense to you via 7Sage.

Then I will start Reading Comp with Mike Kim's Trainer.

I like the digital format of 7sage which is why I like to do questions on here but I am saving as much as I can for PTing until I really understand LR so that I'm not using the limited resource of questions before I'm fully prepared.

Did that make any sense ? lol.

• katbsegoviakatbsegovia Member
    16 karma

If you could send me the link too, that would be great. I found it good for some purposes, but it confused me with the approaches for a few question types.

• hoang.kristiehoang.kristie Member
    20 karma

Could I get the link for the quizlet? thanks!

• J.D.Jay94J.D.Jay94 Live Member
    71 karma

Hello. Can I receive the link for quizlet as well? Thank you!

• hialicemeihialicemei Core Member
    58 karma

Hi! Can you please send the link for the quizlet too? Thank you so much!!

• bornkippybornkippy Core Member
    30 karma

Could I have the link as well?

• Chemical EngibeerChemical Engibeer Yearly Member
    12 karma

Just got the Loophole book! Excited to develop my LR skills. Could you please send me the Quizlet? Would love to check it out.

• jenny515jenny515 Member
    48 karma

Can I have the link? Thanks!

• cristobal.lealcristobal.leal Core Member
    17 karma

Hey can you send me the link if you can :)
    Thank you.

• IrvinMcgradyIrvinMcgrady Alum Member
    9 karma

Thank you for sharing your thought. I read the loophole book two times. Could I get your Quizlet link?

• KittyyyyyyKittyyyyyy Core Member
    22 karma

Could I also get the quizlet please? :)

• meiting.chenmeiting.chen Member
    49 karma

would also love to get the quizlet! Thank you so much!

• emilygodatemilygodat Core Member
    2 karma

could i also get the link?

• bella.12bella.12 Member
    77 karma

Could I get the link as well? Thank you so much!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I loved the Loophole as well but haven't looked at it in a bit. I would love to see your Quizlet!

• Looking for a quizlet link, please and thank you

• LuckyfightingeverydayLuckyfightingeveryday Core Member
    82 karma

Hi, could you send me the link? Thanks in advance!

• jessierongjessierong Member
    32 karma

Could I also get the quizlet link? Thank you so much for sharing your experience!!

• Katie LKatie L Core Member
    15 karma

Can I get the Quizlet please? TIA

• willBLawyerwillBLawyer Member
    6 karma

Hello and thanks!! I would appreciate access to your Quizlet.
    :)

• moose238moose238 Member
    6 karma

Hi. Thank you so much for this! Could you please send me the quizlet link?

• lazarus7lazarus7 Alum Member
    207 karma

Can I have the Quizlet link please? Thank you so much for sharing and is super helpful!

• Slow is FastSlow is Fast Alum Member
    445 karma

Hi, I'd also like the quizlet link please! :)

• Maya0503Maya0503 Yearly Member
    49 karma

Me too, can you please share your quizlet link? Thanks in advance!

• hamzachaudhry1001hamzachaudhry1001 Alum Member
    65 karma

Hi, I would profoundly appreciate it if I can possibly obtain the quizlet link! Thanks!

• onyourmarkonyourmark Member
    45 karma

Hello, I'd also like the quizlet link please :smiley: tysm!

• mellomelmellomel Alum Member
    292 karma

Hey, I'd love to get a link to your Quizlet too, thanks for sharing! I completed the CC but was still struggling with LR and then got the Loophole. I like how 7Sage approaches logic and I personally don't want to re-learn logic from any other source but I get what you mean about JY going too fast. Some explanations don't do it for me either.

What I found out in the process was that explanations should not be relied upon. It's much more efficient to come up with your own explanations for the purpose of learning. We'd probably be better of if we only consulted the explanations when really stuck.

• tiramisu-1-1-1tiramisu-1-1-1 Core Member
    3 karma

If you would be willing to share your quizlet link with me, I'd appreciate it very much :) sending positivity!!

• Almost a BoomerAlmost a Boomer Alum Member
    384 karma

Hi. Would you kindly share your quizlet link, please? Thank you!

• fullstopfullstop Member
    169 karma

If it's not too late, I'd appreciate it if you could send me the link!

• ajaykim0724ajaykim0724 Core Member
    33 karma

Hi, I'd like to get your quizlet link, too, if you don't mind. Thanks in advance!

• gucgemotoogucgemotoo Member
    31 karma

Hi, I would love a link for your quizlet for loophole.

• Greggy35Greggy35 Alum Member
    68 karma

Yes, may I get the quizlet?

• rkim5297rkim5297 Alum Member
    105 karma

Can I get the quizlet as well? Thank you!

• SaulGoodmanSaulGoodman Member
    111 karma

Hi, are you willing to share the quizlet link? I am so interested but really can't afford more LSAT books right now.

• 1050 karma

Hey! Could you send me the link to the quizlet, please? I just ordered the Loophole, I have seen so many people recommend it on here, so I figured it was time!

• C.J. GheemC.J. Gheem Alum Member
    97 karma

I read it. Could you send me your quizlet with link?