Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone take today's test?

JSJS Free Trial Member
edited December 2013 in General 184 karma
I am trying to figure out which one is experiment section and trying to score myself.

Any advice, suggestion and idea?

Comments

• dea434dea434 Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    TLS forum: December 2013 waiting thread. Relevant only you wrote/took your test in North American or the Caribbean. People will have different experiments. If you had three LR's you won't know for sure until you get you report. (fyi, the curve they talk about is how many points you can miss and get into the 170's) http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=6
  • dmitriygolosdmitriygolos Alum Member
    27 karma
    I took it today.. 3 LRs for me.
  • JosephHawkins1776JosephHawkins1776 Free Trial Member
    27 karma
    Two RCs for me.
  • Peter ParkerPeter Parker Free Trial Member
    13 karma
    Two RC, LG sucked
  • JSJS Free Trial Member
    184 karma
    Thanks for your post. It seems that it you talk anything about the real test details you will be banned at tls....
  • JSJS Free Trial Member
    184 karma
    For three LR section, I am pretty sure which one is the experimental section because the second one I took has one stimulus but two questions (Q9-Q10), which is certainly not the modern LSAT style(after PT60s)
  • E.T.90066-1E.T.90066-1 Alum Member
    377 karma
    Man, why did i decided to skip RC #3! Dam! February I am aiming to hit all four passages. Screw this 3 perfect passages technique! I am going to have back dreams about Mirrors, LOL.
  • CnrraeesiCnrraeesi Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    two RC's for me (LR LG RC LR RC). They were both pretty standard so I have no clue what was experimental. I was kinda wishing one of the LRs was the exp since I started out really slow/anxious on it. It's all done now anyway...
  • Gian RGian R Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    I feel the exact same as the person above. Except I could tell which RC was experimental. Wish I had didn't have LG first though. I was so nervous and that choked me up a bit when I averaged 22-23 on every LG for all PTs I remember :(.
  • dmitriygolosdmitriygolos Alum Member
    27 karma
    I really chocked on the LR that was on the 4th section. I had 3, so i really hope its the experimental. Felt decent onthe rest of the sections..
  • dustinkey454dustinkey454 Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    I also had two RC's. Couldn't tell which was exp. although i hope it was the first one as i felt i didn't do as well on it.
  • Roland DeschainRoland Deschain Alum Member
    43 karma
    one of the LR's was pretty rough for me and it definitely wasn't the experimental. I'm not sure if that's because it was actually tough or because it was the last section and I lost focus.
  • lsatlsat1lsatlsat1 Free Trial Member
    7 karma
    2 RCs for me, with that 1 awful mirror article. Also, there was a girl taking the exam for the 5th *yes, 5th!* time, and midway thru section 2, she bolted out of the classroom. Needless to say, it was pretty awful to behold.
  • jlope041jlope041 Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    Fuck the third logic game. The rest tough. Fuck one LR section and Reading Comp, pretty difficult.
  • Taylor DarcyTaylor Darcy Alum Member
    13 karma
    I almost didn't make it to the LSAT today, the parking attendant that was supposed to open garage didn't open the garage so I had to cut in front of another car so they would have to let me in. It was 8:21 when I finally parked and got to run to the testing center up three flights of stairs. I took a few minutes caught my breath and owned that test (well I hope I owned it but the rest is accurate).
  • maxmaxbobaxmaxmaxbobax Alum Member
    98 karma
    for me the first RC was experimental. It was a mind fuck for sure. The second RC was pretty easy. That one was the one that included African art / American Artist blah blah and such . The whole test was very easy compared to all the practice test I have taken.
  • ..Jamie....Jamie.. Alum Member
    22 karma
    Wow. This test was an absolute beast. (LR LR LG RC LR). The mirrors passage was horrid, LG grouping game 2 and weird combo game 3 sucked so much of my time that I didn't get to answer almost all questions on game 4, which was way easier 1:1. I am but nothing compared to you, oh LSAT powers!! I will recline into the hidden abyss and await to meet once more in February (or June.) All jokes aside, I love the challenge of this test and I am growing quite fond of it...it deserve to be respected and is quite inspiring.
  • msdaisy16msdaisy16 Free Trial Member
    46 karma
    the rc section was definitely experimental as i had 2 back to back. (LG LR RC RC LR). I thought the games were decent. I was so excited to have the games first. The reading comp I thought I did really well on and I actually liked the one about mirrors. The one that talked about judges and whether certain things should be taxed was weird. Any who, I actually got through everything, and that has NEVER happened on a timed pt. NEVER! I had time to check my RC and LR. But I hope my test scores speak for how I felt during the test which was reallllyy gooooodddd!
  • msdaisy16msdaisy16 Free Trial Member
    46 karma
    Am I the only one that felt the test went by in a blur? It went by so fast that it didn't even feel that I had spent four hours testing. Oh yeah the writing sample was pretty decent.
  • E.T.90066-1E.T.90066-1 Alum Member
    377 karma
    I hope scores are released Dec.23! although I doubt it.
  • v-1v-1 Free Trial Member
    25 karma
    There were only 8 test takers where I was supposed to be #9! That made me feel like I should have sucked it up and not cancelled. So good to read your posts. Gives me an adrenelin rush. I fear, loath, and love, or wish I loved this test. I am supposed to be practicing NOW, but practice to go fast, how do I do that?
  • Jason Camp_Jason Camp_ Alum Member
    61 karma
    I had LR LG LR LR RC. On one of the LR's sections there was one stimulus but two questions (Q9-Q10) so I hope to GOD that was the experimental (If anyone can tell em they no longer do this method it would save me a lot of worrying hours). On the comments above the mirrors passage on RC was absolutely mind boggling. I hope everyone took out everything they learned in this course and applied it on the test. :)
  • cameronmfraser1cameronmfraser1 Free Trial Member
    44 karma
    I thought the test was fair overall, although they stuck a massive, 8 question RC passage at the end, and one of the grouping games, I think number 3, was super time-consuming. Thankfully, I kept hearing JY in my head telling me to skip questions. I luckily looked at the last two RC passages, and chose to do the last one before the third one. Similarly, I skipped the third game after answering the two "easy" questions. The last game was an easy one, so, although I had to guess on three of the questions on that third game, I still think I minimized the damage by being willing to skip stuff. There was also one LR section (I had three) where literally almost every answer I marked was either D or E. It kind of messed with my head a little. I don't know how far LSAC is willing to go to mess with people, but that seems kind of crazy. I wonder if they switch around the correct answer choices when they release the tests. Also, there were some really funky LR questions on one of my sections, and it seems like they are moving toward making the answer choices way more subtle than on previous tests. I could be wrong, but I feel like there are way more attractive trap answer choices, and they are hiding the correct answer more subtly on the last few tests. Anyway, the only thing that felt odd about the test was LR, but that was my experimental, so who knows. Everything else was pretty standard. Thankfully, three of the RC passages were actually very interesting, which was a first for me.
  • KeishaKeisha Free Trial Member
    6 karma
    cameronmfraser1, I too had one LR section where almost all of my answers where either E or D. I definitely thought I did something wrong but hearing that you had the same experience makes me feel better. I also did the same thing for the LG and RC section. I am so glad I skipped to the last LG as it was a breeze and had a lot of questions to it. I too found the RC sections to be interesting which made it wayyy easier to focus.

Good luck to everyone!
  • Auran BucklesAuran Buckles Free Trial Member
    34 karma
    I had LR,LG,RC,LR,RC and really hope the 2nd RC is real. I had a slight panic attack after the LG section. I think I spent so much time thinking on the substitution questions that I could not get to the last two, so I became very uneasy once RC started after that. It was all foggy. I didn't think LR was exceptionally challenging, but still uncertain about my RC performance. I also started coughing like crazy at the end of 2nd LR section (I had a fever but didn't take medication for the test), and was fearful that I would get dragged out for disturbing others. Held it in, and felt very uncomfortable. There was actually a girl earlier who was asked to step out for coughing/choking non-stop.
  • isra.elbeshirisra.elbeshir Alum Member
    edited December 2013 3 karma
    2 RCs for me. I am pretty sure the graded RC included the passage on athleticism. I am disappointed with one of my games. I realized my game board had a flaw with 5 min on the clock.
  • cameronmfraser1cameronmfraser1 Free Trial Member
    44 karma
    The graded RC was for sure about an African-American artist, the taxation of video game market exchanges, athleticism, and mirrors.
  • wtparkerwtparker Alum Member
    2 karma
    Can someone explain to me why everyone is stating that the reading comprehension was difficult? RC is usually me weakest missing around 8 per section. This time though I found the material to be an easy read and to understand. Other than few questions I felt that it went well. Was the test just rigged with a ton of trap answer choices that I unwittingly got fooled into choosing? Why does everyone feel the mirrors passage was difficult? Was it because it was difficult to understand, the questions were confusing or both. These are the nagging questions that keep me awake at night.
  • Jason Camp_Jason Camp_ Alum Member
    61 karma
    cameronmfraser1 & Keisha: No word of a lie I had the same instance where at least 8 question I believe #2-9 where either D or E as well. This was the first LR for me (I had 3). It definitely at first made me nervous.
  • Taylor DarcyTaylor Darcy Alum Member
    13 karma
    I agree the test seemed to fly by, I was rather surprised it because it seemed easier than the practice tests. Of course I had J.Y. in my head helping me decide on answers.
  • bothmarsupialsbothmarsupials Free Trial Member
    14 karma
    Haha…. Think I had 6 D's in a row….. Feel pretty good about it though since it's a 1 in 15,625 chance (randomly speaking)….
  • bothmarsupialsbothmarsupials Free Trial Member
    14 karma
    it's the same chance for any other random 6 letter combo…..