Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Testing with Accommodations Question

sdm1908sdm1908 Core Member

Hi all! I hope you're all doing well. I have a quick question. I requested testing accommodations (50% extra time) because of a condition I have. I requested it for the February LSAT (two weeks before the deadline) and have not been notified yet if it has been approved. Should I take PTs with the extra time or do them under the regular amount of time allocated until I hear back from LSAC, or both?
Thanks!

Comments

• jpoznan0587jpoznan0587 Core Member
    220 karma

Hope you are also doing well !!

I am also getting accommodations - Were you able to send in the request before the accomm deadline??

Also- just FYI - the accomm. if approved, gets carried over to all other LSAT exams you take if needed.

edited January 2021 220 karma

I applied for accomm in the end of Sept when I thought I was taking it in Nov. and I am now taking it in April and everything carried over. I CONSTANTLY emailed the accomm. LSAC email AND called them. that may be your best bet. Also - double check you have ALLL the docs filled out including the info from your doctors.

220 karma

sidenote - they may be close today for MLK Day

• fieldcross255fieldcross255 Member
    36 karma

I put my request in on December 18. I have yet to hear back from them. I believe they said up to 6 weeks. I am getting close to that deadline. If I do not hear anything this week I am going to email them.

• sdm1908sdm1908 Core Member
    61 karma

@jpoznan0587 Thank you so much for your help! I have been calling them once a week for the past three to four weeks now. They keep telling me it should be approved by February, but I'm getting so nervous with it not being approved yet. Thank you so much for all of your help! I have a neurological disorder (I've been enrolled with my college's disability resource center for the past five years) along with recently being diagnosed with ADD. I am hoping with the documentation I sent in with the neurological disorder, it'll get approved. Unfortunately, I have to take the February LSAT since I have a binding application that requires it.

I sent it in two weeks before the deadline, so hopefully they get to it ASAP. I'll try the accommodations email, thank you!

61 karma

@fieldcross255 Isn't it so nerve-wrecking? I am so completely over it!

220 karma

I would start calling everyday - twice a day if needed. we're going to be lawyers - time to start practicing being relentless. lol

220 karma

Also - perhaps if your college's disability resource center steps in on your behalf (ie CC them on emails and /or having them on the call with you when you call Accomm. - your approval may come quicker if LSAC knows you have extra back up. I would discuss with your college's disability resource center rep and see what they can do to help.

220 karma

Mine was approved in two days. BUT that was back in SEPT.

61 karma

@jpoznan0587 Wow! Two days is amazing, it's been weeks for me! I called the Accommodations phone number today and I spoke with a lady who said on their end I got approved, but I just haven't gotten an email yet confirming it.

She said to wait a few days and then call back. If I don't get the email today, I'll call tomorrow. Thank you for all your help! I wish I had even KNOWN we could test with accommodations back when I took the November LSAT. It would have helped me tremendously!

• fieldcross255fieldcross255 Member
    36 karma

@sdm1908 im not too terribly worried about it. It takes a lot to get me worked up. I have faith in their system. They’ve been doing this a long time. I’m more worried about getting these foundations set. Don’t let this worry you. Of this whole process waiting on them is something you can’t control. Try to focus on the task at hand. The other stuff will fall in place, and you’ll feel silly for stressing over something that other people are controlling.

61 karma

@fieldcross255 Thank you! I needed that perspective :)

• ajthoma5ajthoma5 Core Member
    15 karma

I went through the request in October and dealt with the same things. They will process your request before the test, and if they need any more information, they will allow you to ammend your request. They will not just forget, or not get to your request

61 karma

@ajthoma5 Thank you for your comment! How long before your test was it approved? Thanks!

• 162 karma

I got 50% extra time accommodations for Nov-Flex, it took a little over two weeks to hear back. I have a neurological disorder, ADD, and got 50% extra time in college. That's the documentation I submitted for LSAT accommodations. I would practice study as if you've been approved since I don't see any reason why you'd be denied. Make sure you're checking your LSAC account (LSAT tab) because the accommodation approval/denial letter gets posted on there along with an email and keep calling them.

• taylordipantaylordipan Core Member
    32 karma

So I'm in the same boat! If you were approved for accommodations for the Nov LSAT-flex, you should automatically be give accommodations without having to request them. For example, I registered for the October LSAT-flex with accommodations and when I registered for both the Jan and Feb tests, it automatically sent an accommodation approval for both tests. You should have been given any/all forms regarding accommodations you were approved for. That info should be displayed in your LSAC account. I was emailing them today, and they gave me a response within like ten mins of me sending the email! I would try that if you don't have any of the accommodation letters displayed, then email about how its not displaying that info. It also helps to have a paper trail of any correspondence with the accommodation email. Also, I would check your email to see if they sent any notifications to you about an accommodation letter being posted to your account! Hope that helps at least a little!

61 karma

All, I just wanted to update everyone! I got approved from 50% extra time today!
    @jpoznan0587 Thank you in particular for all of your input!