Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I cancel??

I felt this exam went horribly for me. I guessed on far more questions than I am used to guessing on when taking PTs. I started with LG and was overwhelmed. This bled into my LR section where I ended up guessing on about 8 questions. Plus, I felt unsure on about 5 more questions. My last section was RC. Fourth passage was difficult and ended up guessing on about 7 questions. Even if I did get some of those questions correct, I feel that amount of uncertainty will lead to a lower score than what I earned on the Nov. LSAT.

Is this a sign that I should cancel?

Comments

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

Depends how the schools you apply to look at multiple takes.

I know my top choice averages lsat takes, so in your situation I would definitely cancel if this was the case.

My 2nd choice says they take top score but take into consideration multiple takes, the less the better.

My 3rd choice says they take the top choice and disregard everything else.

Give it a day or two and weigh the costs and benefits of cancelling.

• fariah.tfariah.t Member
    48 karma

Before making a decision I would reflect on comparing your initial perception & score prediction for the November exam with the actual score you ended up getting on it. And then apply that to January. If your initial feelings on the November exam were accurate in the end, then I think it makes sense to put more weight one the initial feelings of your January exam and to consider cancelling. But if it was not then i'd take the risk and keep the score! That's just how I would approach that decision! I'm sure you did great! :)

Like for me the November LR felt foreign and i had half of it flagged, the RC i felt like i guessed almost every question and LG i almost always go -0 but I didn't even finish it this time. So I was certain I got a 150 at best, but i somehow ended up with a 161 which was below my PT average but was still way better than I expected!

• marendamusic12marendamusic12 Core Member
    24 karma

Thank you guys for the input! I ended up not canceling and my score did drop a point! In any case, I’ll be trying again in April!