Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many prep tests before I take the LSAT

CadenWalshCadenWalsh Member
in General 42 karma

I still am working on the base course work, but I find I am running behind a bit on my study schedule. Should I aim to complete the entire course with all the prep tests before I take the LSAT?

Comments

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

Alot of people disagree with me on this. But I think you should take a couple PTs in between the core curriculum. I'd suggest taking 3.

I.e. at 30% completion take your first, 60% take your second, and 90% take your third. Doing it this way will give you a chance to review specific concepts that are still fresh in your mind, see if what you learned is being used effectively, and give you a chance to get used to exam conditions sooner rather than later.

The other side of the argument is that your wasting PTs. While this may be true 5 or 10 years ago with less total availiable PTs, this isn't true now with over 80 PTs availiable. I'm pretty confident most LSAT takers do not even go through all of them before doing their LSAT.