Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free RC Tutoring Session this Saturday (1/23) at 11am PST

UCLApleaseUCLAplease Member
edited March 2021 in Reading Comprehension 281 karma

Hi everyone. RC is one of my best sections; I score no more than -3 per RC section. I will be hosting a free RC session this Saturday on Zoom at 11am PST. If you're interested, you are definitely welcome to join. Please leave a comment below indicating interest.

We'll be utilizing the RC from PT 74.

COMPLETED.

Thanks for joining me, everyone. Good luck on the LSAT! Feel free to message me privately if you have any questions.

Comments

• Jennifer 2021-1-1Jennifer 2021-1-1 Core Member
    204 karma

Thank you for helping us in RC !!!

• Maverick1128Maverick1128 Member
    30 karma

I'm interested!

• June LSAT RetakeJune LSAT Retake Core Member
    102 karma

Interested

• CindycarCindycar Member
    20 karma

Interested! Thanks for this! Just finished jan LSAT and taking Feb as well!!

• 90s_Cole90s_Cole Core Member
    6 karma

interested

• enick90senick90s Core Member
    6 karma

Interested!

• swanganieswanganie Yearly Member
    294 karma

Thanks for hosting! @UCLAplease, would you recommend coming in having done or BR-ed the section or should we come in cold?

• Ibrahimaisha27Ibrahimaisha27 Core Member
    3 karma

interested!

• UCLApleaseUCLAplease Member
    281 karma

@swanganie said:
    Thanks for hosting! @UCLAplease, would you recommend coming in having done or BR-ed the section or should we come in cold? .

Coming in cold would probably be best. And you're welcome!

• H.al1997H.al1997 Member
    edited January 2021 318 karma

Interested, Thank you!

• 55raps5555raps55 Core Member
    11 karma

Interested! Thanks for this!

• lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
    488 karma

@UCLAplease said:
    Hi everyone. RC is one of my best sections; I score no more than -3 per RC section.

how much time, on average, you take to read a passage, and to answer its questions respectively?

is there any reading strategy you follow that makes you read and comprehend passage well and don't run into time limit issues?

have you taken the official lsat yet?

• alliahharrisonalliahharrison Core Member
    2 karma

interested!

• motunrayobbmartinsmotunrayobbmartins Core Member
    50 karma

Interested!!!

• marleighmarleigh Member
    49 karma

I'm interested!

• Avocat 2021Avocat 2021 Member
    70 karma

Interested

• ellenmarieellenmarie Core Member
    12 karma

interested!

edited January 2021 281 karma

@lsat2016 said:

@UCLAplease said:
    Hi everyone. RC is one of my best sections; I score no more than -3 per RC section.

how much time, on average, you take to read a passage, and to answer its questions respectively?

is there any reading strategy you follow that makes you read and comprehend passage well and don't run into time limit issues?

HI. Yes, I have taken the actual LSAT.

I take no more than three minutes per passage. What helps me comprehend the material in front of me is to make sure I stay engaged with the words in front of me the entire time. My mind never strays outside of the text. It took a while to nail this down, but it has helped tremendously.

• lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
    488 karma

@UCLAplease said:

@lsat2016 said:

@UCLAplease said:

I take no more than three minutes per passage. What helps me comprehend the material in front of me is to make sure I stay engaged with the words in front of me the entire time. My mind never strays outside of the text. It took a while to nail this down, but it has helped tremendously.

can you elaborate on how actuallyyou do the bolded? and you read reasonably fast at 3 mins/passage, so is there anything specific you did to get there? was you initial RC scores without prep just as good or near similar?

• magdiel_kobemagdiel_kobe Alum Member
    91 karma

Interested!

• allisongonzallisongonz Member
    13 karma

Count me in ! thank you!

• Seek-ingSeek-ing Live Member
    106 karma

I'm in! Thank you!

• lsat2021-1lsat2021-1 Core Member
    246 karma

Interested

• arunima.b12arunima.b12 Core Member
    112 karma

I am interested and I have the same questions as @lsat2016 Thank you for hosting this

• alise106alise106 Core Member
    5 karma

I am interested as well!

• fritzzan17fritzzan17 Member
    6 karma

Interested!

• George MGeorge M Member
    56 karma

I am interested

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Live Member
    2249 karma

3 minute per passage?! Bruh.

• derry.karen6derry.karen6 Core Member
    134 karma

I'm very interested!!

• sofiaswamssofiaswams Core Member
    12 karma

i'm interested!!

edited January 2021 294 karma

Oops a few of us may have just joined the Zoom call thinking the event started at 11AM EST. See ya'll in a few hours hah.

• Jennifer 2021-1-1Jennifer 2021-1-1 Core Member
    edited January 2021 204 karma

@swanganie said:
    Oops a few of us may have just joined the Zoom call thinking the event started at 11AM EST. See ya'll in a few hours hah.

Me too !!! I am locate in NYC so I will wait patiently until 2pm time here lol

281 karma

@lsat2016 said:

@UCLAplease said:

@lsat2016 said:

@UCLAplease said:

can you elaborate on how actuallyyou do the bolded? and you read reasonably fast at 3 mins/passage, so is there anything specific you did to get there? was you initial RC scores without prep just as good or near similar?

It's a bit hard to explain how I do this--it's just a deep focus that I get into when I begin reading. Nothing else enters my mind except for the words in front of me. It's psychological. That's how I'm able to finish these passages so quickly. No, my initial score was about a -13. It took a lot of drilling and focus to get to where I am now. I can elaborate more over PM if you'd like.

• bimpsogbesbimpsogbes Core Member
    24 karma

Hi @UCLAplease the zoom password you posted before we got cut off does not seem to work for me.

294 karma
  • edited January 2021 85 karma

830 8988 1633
    Zg4kT0

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    691 karma

@UCLAplease,I sent message to you after class. At the first time it was not successful. At the second time it was successful. Thanks so much!