Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Debating on postponing my April exam date...what should I do?

aleenaraz4aleenaraz4 Core Member
in General 17 karma

I've been studying since around end of November using other resources, but it's not until now that I've really gotten into the nitty gritty and regularly taking PTs. I work full time and do find myself slacking simply because the days are so long and studying can be draining as we all know. I do my best to study at least 2 hours a day with a PT every weekend. I'm definitely behind because I missed a few weeks of studying due to some personal reasons.

My original goal was to take the April exam but as it's creeping up, and the registration deadline is approaching, I'm not sure how confident I feel. My PT's are nowhere near where I want them to be. My initial reasoning behind taking the April exam is so I could give myself time to take the test again if need be, and still apply for schools this fall... If I take my exam in June, do you think I'll still have time for another test if needed, plus applications?

I just registered for 7sage after I heard a lot of great reviews from friends/family who have used it, and would love to follow this study schedule, however it advises me against the April deadline (even though I have done studying prior and could probably skip a few course lessons/use it as review)

Postpone my exam date?
  1. Should I postpone my April exam date to June?14 votes
    1. Stick with April
        7.14%
    2. Postpone
      92.86%

Comments

• studying4thelsatstudying4thelsat Yearly Member
    49 karma

I'm in the same boat as you and I decided to postpone. I think the practice tests indicate how you're likely to do on the LSAT and if you're not happy with your score and you think you can go higher, do what you gotta do to get that score. I defiantly think you can take the LSAT in June and start on applications around that time, but it all comes back to how much higher you think you can go. If you think the extra couple of months will help, take them. If you think you'll still be within the same range, then maybe think about whether a few extra months would actually help.
    Of course, this is just my suggestion and what I'll personally be doing. Do what you think is best for you. Good luck!

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    989 karma

If you take the test in April, scores won’t be out until May and some schools accept applications until June latest. That is if you want to apply for this cycle. If you don’t want to apply for this cycle, then hold off and take it when you’re ready. Not sure which schools you’re aiming for, but see what their application deadline is for fall 2021 cycle and make your decision.

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    456 karma

You can always consider registering for April and then change the date at no cost (so long as you do it before the change date). For example, I originally registered for the November lsat but then changed my exam date to February a few weeks before the Nov administration. Now, I'm currently registered for the February 20/21 LSAT-FLEX but I can make the decision to postpone my exam until April as long as I decide by February 6th or something like that.

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    edited January 2021 456 karma

@WouldRatherBeEating said:
    You can always consider registering for April and then change the date at no cost (so long as you do it before the change date). For example, I originally registered for the November lsat but then changed my exam date to February a few weeks before the Nov administration. Now, I'm currently registered for the February 20/21 LSAT-FLEX but I can make the decision to postpone my exam until April as long as I decide by February 6th or something like that.

To clarify what I mean: You have until February 24th to register for the April LSAT. But you have until March 27 to decide if you want to postpone at no extra cost. So long as you'll eventually take the exam, you can register for April now and then make your final decision about how you feel at the end of March.