Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How accurate is the predictor?

So, I need to start making some adjustments to the schools I'm applying to because I did not receive the score I wanted and now have to look at other options. It's so late in the admissions process so I just wanted some opinions on the predictor tool 7sage offers.

Comments

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

Is your LSAT and GPA above the 50 percentile median? If so, you will probably get in.
    Is your LSAT and GPA below the 50 percentile median? If so, it will be hard to get admitted directly and you are more likely to get waitlisted if not denied.
    Is either one of your LSAT or GPA above the 50 percentile median but the other is not? Then you are a splitter and you will likely be competitive but exact odds are hard to state.

Hope that helps.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@EagerestBeaver touches on this, but splitters especially may come down to the other factors on the application. Work history, essays, diversity factors, ect. will matter a lot more for splitters.

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    620 karma

From personal experience and what I've read from other applicants, take the predictor results with a grain of salt this cycle. For me personally, it was on point for a couple of my schools but pretty off for a handful of them. I would say it's generally a useful tool to see where you place, but don't rely on it to give you a sure answer of where you do/ don't have a chance. Some people have gotten rejected/ WL from safeties this cycle where their projected chance was 90%+ and others have gotten in at low percentages like 6% or 13%. All I can say is, law school decisions are pretty arbitrary to a degree so shoot your shot but also cast a wider net of safeties this year imo. This is just an odd cycle so don't rely too heavily on this tool