Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
edited February 2021 in General 8313 karma

To be honest, I was fearing the worst for this test. I made some bad, stupid tactical errors and really had to grind it out. Sightly disappointed in that, but happy with my recovery. It goes to show that the work you guys are putting in over the months can save you from disaster on test day. Wish I had at least hit my average but relieved to have a viable score to apply with. Quick stats below but more to come...

Started June '19 KA diagnostic 154
July '19 158, stopped studying and applied... ended up R&R'ing.
Restart Jan '20 joined 7sage
Feb '20 post CC PT 161
Bunch of proctorU BS through the summer,
Nov '20 169
Last 4 PTs 176/180BR, last 10 average 174

Jan '21 172

Thanks to @"Cant Get Right" who taught me the value of deep review, @Mike_Ross who helped me develop those mechanical question type strategies early on, and the man @"J.Y. Ping" whose voice even my kid recognizes now. Also all the great people here I've been able to work with... too many to mention, and I'd probably forget someone so you know who you are. You all were essential in getting here.

Comments

• oneclimboneclimb Alum Member
    268 karma

Congratulations!

• smm755smm755 Core Member
    52 karma

Congratulations you put in so much hard work and you deserve it!! I hope that someday I can have a similar score as you

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    957 karma

Congrats @canihazJD -- well deserved

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4572 karma

Killed it. Congratulations!

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

Amazing work!

• FautApprendreLSAT1FautApprendreLSAT1 Core Member
    314 karma

We were all rooting for you! Congrats!!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I am sorry it was a little lower than you were averaging and hoping for, but I knew you would get a great score today. Congrats you earned it!!

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma

@canihazJD Congrats!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited February 2021 8313 karma

Apps in! Thanks all. Looking forward to continuing to contribute here. I still have this urge to keep going and try for a better score, but my 7sage consultant just told me no... and I think my wife might kill me. I'll just set that on the back burner and take a breather for now.

• JY DiscipleJY Disciple Live Member
    305 karma

Congrats!! That's an awesome score so go celebrate.

• 162 karma

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! Such an amazing accomplishment, you should be very proud of yourself!

• miriaml7miriaml7 Live Member
    1013 karma

Congratulations! You've been a great asset to this community! Thank you so much for all the help and best of luck on your applications!

• vnambvnamb Member
    16 karma

Congratulations, so well deserved!

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4300 karma

Ah!! So incredibly happy for you!! You've been such a huge help not only on the forum but in my personal growth as well. Looking forward to the rest of your journey :smiley:

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

Seen u post on the message boards before . Congrats, well deserved !

• Sailor Moon LSATSailor Moon LSAT Member
    200 karma

lmao your kid recognizing JYs voice. :wink:

• goforbrokegoforbroke Core Member
    320 karma

Congrats! And thank you for sharing about your long journey. Gives me hope and a little more motivation to persevere!

• edited February 2021 65 karma

and the man @"J.Y. Ping" whose voice even my kid recognizes now.

So true! lol

Congratz! Just out of curiosity, are you applying this cycle?

• swanganieswanganie Yearly Member
    294 karma

Congrats!! A job well done (and your kid too he's probably heard plenty of JY's videos hahah). I don't think you know how much you've contributed so far to my own short LSAT ride with all your forum posts and recent tutoring, so thank you, and best of luck with the rest of your application and law school journey.

• chaplin___chaplin___ Alum Member
    596 karma

Congrats! That’s an amazing score!!

8313 karma

@"LSAT Obsession" said:

and the man @"J.Y. Ping" whose voice even my kid recognizes now.

So true! lol

Congratz! Just out of curiosity, are you applying this cycle?

Thanks, and yes. Just sent in apps today. Was waiting on this score.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Congrats man, I know you put the work in and it is a great score. I feel you about the score too. I hit three points below my average, which was the same as yours this time, going into the October test. Only improved one point this time, but I am happy to have at least hit in my consistent performance range this time instead of outside it. Hope you have plenty of options to choose from in a month or two, I know you will have earned it.

• fullstopfullstop Member
    169 karma

This is great -- congratulations! As an aside, I was hoping to message you personally if that's okay, just have a couple of questions about the exam!

8313 karma

@LSATIndia sure!

@VerdantZephyr so frustrating, but that's how it goes. I'll likely ride it out... at least thats how I feel today.

• 1952 karma

amazing work and progress. great job and congrats!!!

• RyanazRRyanazR Member
    208 karma

@canihazJD congratulations; I am so happy for you! GO YOU. Also, question: what is deep review?

• LinnnyyyLinnnyyy Member
    89 karma

Congrats!!! WELL DESERVED!!

8313 karma

@RyanazR said:
    @canihazJD congratulations; I am so happy for you! GO YOU. Also, question: what is deep review?

Finding any excuse to review anything that gave you trouble on the PT. Getting as deep as possible into what's going on in that question. Beyond just structure, flaws, assumptions, etc. What tricks did the test writer employ? What affected your understanding of the question? How was your timing? Stuff like that.

• nanabillannanabillan Member
    347 karma

@canihazJD amazing!!! Very happy for you!

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

@canihazJD congrats man! Well deserved.

• Mike_RossMike_Ross Alum Member Sage
    3106 karma

@canihazJD YOU DID IT!!! Congratulations brother!!!! Wishing you all the best for your admissions cycle!

• 1050 karma

Congratulations!!! Thanks for sharing your story, it's really inspiring!

8313 karma

@Mike_Ross said:
    @canihazJD YOU DID IT!!! Congratulations brother!!!! Wishing you all the best for your admissions cycle!

Thanks bro. Couldn't have done it without you.