Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official January 2021 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread ⚖

12346»

Comments

• skimxoskimxo Free Trial Member
    7 karma

This was my first time taking the LSAT and after an okay amount of studying (3-4 hours a day excluding weekends) for a little less than 3 months I got a 161...I was aiming for much higher but I remember I panicked as LG is my weakest and it was the first section I got. I definitely blacked out for a few minutes and struggled to complete the last two games, guessing for a few questions. I'm also not particularly amazing at LR or RC lol. I'm retaking it in April and I was wondering if people had advice for how to study again? I used the LSAT Trainer and Khan Academy for the PT exams available.
    Also, I did get the option to cancel my score, but what are exactly the benefits of it?
    Thank you! I hope everyone did well and if not, don't be discouraged!!

• forthewinwinforthewinwin Member
    117 karma

@SpinnerT said:
    @jabarrineau
    Hey there. Same here. I was PTing around a 163/162 leading up to the exam. I scored a 155. I'm so frustrated. Hang in there, keep your head up. It's hard even being on the chat some times because there are so many high performers... trying to resist the constant need to compare. Bad days happen indeed. Best of luck to you!

I got the exact same score as you, and my PT scores were also higher than what I actually got. Really chocked.

• woyboy2021woyboy2021 Member
    46 karma

I took the May 2020 and Oct 2020 LSAT and had 155 on both. Feeling very discouraged that I kept choking on test day and feeling a lot of self doubt.
    Today I scored a 164 and finally have a shot at my dream law school. For people who had a bad test day, I have been there; twice.
    I believe in you and more importantly remember that one off day is not a true measure of your abilities.

• laura_lololaura_lolo Live Member
    161 karma

I agree..I try not to compare myself also to the high scorers...but it does make me wonder what am I doing that is so wrong...I studied so hard for the Jan 2021 flex and didn't do well. I disappointed in my score but also know if I take it a third time I can't do any worse that my score now....so hopefully only up from here!

• hoheskyhohesky Member
    10 karma

I got a score of 166, and I'm just so, so happy and grateful. Thanks 7 Sage, and good luck to everyone else!!!!!

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited February 2021 905 karma

I'm so excited ... and excited to send out my applications, finally. I got a 175!! Signing out of 7sage's LSAT side (my subscription expires today) and moving on into the 'Law School' prep side (soon, I'm going to take a break - I've been at this for a while without one and then I'm going to read some books) :)

I was just too excited yesterday.

• WilliamLeeWilliamLee Core Member
    128 karma

For those out there that drastically underperformed, you are certainly not alone. After a year of studying, and a lot of money spent, I ended up with a whopping 148. Seeing that score was one of the lowest moments of my life. However, it has only made me more determined to continue fighting. Some take to this test like a duck to water, and others have to fight, scratch, and claw for every small improvement.

• cmoren21cmoren21 Member
    217 karma

@WilliamLee said:
    For those out there that drastically underperformed, you are certainly not alone. After a year of studying, and a lot of money spent, I ended up with a whopping 148. Seeing that score was one of the lowest moments of my life. However, it has only made me more determined to continue fighting. Some take to this test like a duck to water, and others have to fight, scratch, and claw for every small improvement.

I understand how disheartening that must feel but don’t ever doubt for a second that you can make all the improvement in the world. I was one of the people that had to fight, scratch, and claw for every small improvement but now that I’m done with this exam I can breathe again. It’s not the score I wanted and it’s way below what I thought I would end this process with BUT I have also accepted that wherever I end up is exactly where I’m meant to be. I hope that when you’re ready that will be true for you as well. Keep fighting and good luck!

• WilliamLeeWilliamLee Core Member
    128 karma

@cmoren21 said:
    I understand how disheartening that must feel but don’t ever doubt for a second that you can make all the improvement in the world. I was one of the people that had to fight, scratch, and claw for every small improvement but now that I’m done with this exam I can breathe again. It’s not the score I wanted and it’s way below what I thought I would end this process with BUT I have also accepted that wherever I end up is exactly where I’m meant to be. I hope that when you’re ready that will be true for you as well. Keep fighting and good luck!

Thank you so much for your kind response, I really needed that. I am glad that the weight of this test is off of your back. You will do great, wherever you wind up at. If you can make it through this experience, you can overcome any mental hurdle in your path.

• akitagogoakitagogo Alum Member
    89 karma

When can we actually discuss the questions in the January Flex???

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@akitagogo said:
    When can we actually discuss the questions in the January Flex???

Hi there,

Since the January LSAT Flex is an undisclosed test, you can't discuss specific questions.

Let us know if you have any further questions.