PT3.S2.Q14 - Physicians Training - Weaken

Number_5Number_5 Core Member
edited February 2021 in Logical Reasoning 54 karma

I cant even comprehend why AC-B is correct. The stim mentions nothing about medical reimbursment policy nor seriously ill patients

On a side note: I've caught that sometimes the most abstract of ACs seem to be the correct choice for these and other LR. Again purely anecdotal but wondering if others have seen the same/any tips as such

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited February 2021 8486 karma

On harder weaken questions, it is common for the correct answer to be not great... just the one that sucks the least.

Pam: residents' long hours impairs their decision making toward the end of their shifts

Quincy: tons of doctors trained this way, and they made good decisions during their training. Why should change what works?

First of all Quincy, who said anything about changing. Second, who says good shouldn't be made better.

Task: Pamela's best counter. So weaken Quincy's argument: Lots of docs trained this way and they made good decisions, so its all good.

A - resident responsibilities are still the same. This seems to strengthen.

B - patients are more seriously ill now. This weakens. Maybe "generally made good medical decisions" isn't good enough. If I have a cold, Dr. X ranked 300/300 at Washington University of Barbados who's been up for two days could probably treat me and I'll live. If I have brain cancer, I sure as f want rested as hell Dr. Y top of their class at Harvard working on me. I don't want "generally good" decision-making.

C - Its important that ER patients - stop there... fine whatever you're going to say is "important." Are we talking about ER patients?

D - Different specialties impose different workloads on residents. This does nothing. It's like saying different specialties use different color scrubs. They're all still tired.

E - Doctors should be trained (I'd stop there. Hard to make a prescriptive statement work here.) to recognize changes in patients condition over 36 hours. Ok so they should be trained to... if you assume (which you shouldn't) that this means they should have had training in recognizing and treating properly based on what they recognize in spite of fatigue, then this strengthens.

• Number_5Number_5 Core Member
    54 karma

Your comments have been helpful, thank you sir!