Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To postpone?

WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
edited February 2021 in General 456 karma

The deadline to postpone my February lsat is in a few days. I’m partially worried that I devoted too much time to RC and LR that I let my LG slip (previously a consistently -0 section). Now I score around -0 to -2 typically but have had some awful ones up to -6.

Is two weeks too short to bring my LG back up to -0 when I had been there before? I truly don’t want to postpone this exam for a second time (been pushing off since November lol & already have talked to work about taking off). I also have to extend my 7sage if I postpone til April as it will have been over a year. Am I just a bit burned out causing me to have lower LG sometimes? Part of it just seems to be that I have lower confidence in LG than I used to & so I waste more time than I used to which has lead to missing points/timing issues. I’m also not sure if my potential burnout would get any better if I study past a year for this exam, not sure if anyone has any thoughts on that.

Even with this sometimes lower LG, I’ve had some PTs turn out (a recent 175 with -2LG & a 178 with -0LG) but also some max lows for me (a recent 169). For context, I scored a 170 on my October exam which was lower than my average but I had a shitty test experience with noise & WiFi. My average over all PTs in the past year is 172.x, range 168-178.

To postpone til april
  1. Should I postpone to April?31 votes
    1. Postpone again
      19.35%
    2. Bite the bullet & take it
      80.65%

Comments

• TheMommaBearTheMommaBear Member
    348 karma

If there’s no need to take it in February, I would postpone so you can drill LG a bit long and go into the exam with more confidence. I find that studying with a time crunch really prevents me from absorbing what I need to.

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    456 karma

Thank you for everyone who submitted poll responses & @themommabear specifically for giving me a written out response!! Taking all of your responses together & speaking with my parents, I decided not to postpone a second time. So wish me luck on the feb exam! Going to work on my stress since that’s what I think is mainly holding me back. Thank you all!!

• whatlikeitshardwhatlikeitshard Alum Member
    219 karma

You got this!! Best of luck!!

• TheMommaBearTheMommaBear Member
    348 karma

Good luck!

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@WouldRatherBeEating You definitely can bring it back up. I took half of October and all of November and December off completely before studying lightly for a few weeks for the January test. I still didn't hit my average of 176 on my score, but I still improved a point over October to a 174 in January. It comes back quick. You have got this, don't stress. Even if it doesn't work out, you have a 170 in the bank. Have you submitted apps yet?