Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mastering Logic Games

hey guys I wanted to know some opinions on how long it takes to fully master logic games? and also some suggestions on how to master it. Taking April LSAT. Thanks :)

Comments

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    edited February 2021 730 karma

I have the same Q ^^

• foodplantsfoodplants Core Member
    46 karma

Even though I have not mastered LG at all, advice I've received includes drilling so many games that you end up recognizing the same patterns over and over.

• It depends..it took me around 2 months to reach a -0 to -1 accuracy. Got a tutor and that sped up the process.

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

don't do what I did and exhaust the entire archive of LGs possible lol (though it does help to expose yourself to enough games to be able to establish a base of pattern recognition -- the writers of the test luckily aren't extremely creative in how they write games, at least most of the time). In general, the LG section is the easiest to improve on, since within a game type the setup + rules are usually fairly straightforward (the difficulty is higher in some games because the rules are more open-ended or because there may be more layers to the game board or there might be a combination of game types happening). On harder games, you may be forced to brute-force a few of the questions; the key thing is to not panic and freeze when your normal approaches get thrown out the window. Also, don't be afraid to spend more time on your setups -- it can save valuable time for answering the questions (and often if the setup is done well, questions can be answered at a clip of about 30 seconds a question). Of course, the scourge of the LG section is still the infamous "Rule Sub" question (I tended to get stuck brute-forcing this question a lot until I entered BR and realized there was usually a deduction or an inference based on the new rule that I missed lol), so I advise if you're running out of time to guess and move on to easier questions. In general it took me about two-three months to go down from -8 to -2 (and I'm a bit rusty since I'm retaking and haven't looked at the LSAT for a while, so I'm still trying to get down to a perfect -0 or -1)

• Miryana YaldaMiryana Yalda Live Member
    69 karma

I have not mastered the games either and I am taking the April exam most likely! But it took me a month of on and off to see a major improvement! I agree with @foodplants keep practicing until you get familiar with the patterns, then you will be faster at going through the games. I think the best thing to do is repeat the game you did not get perfect on, that’s what I kept doing. You just have to be dedicated to do this for the next two months! Good luck!

• 39 karma

Thank you guys so much for the advice! I really appreciate it

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Hello @myasiacummings I made a long post a few days ago about going -0 in games and what helped me reach that level, I also added a spread sheet to keep track and explain how keeping track of things helped me greatly plus many other things. I also have a link to the spread sheet I made so you can have template of how I did it. Here is the post: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/27505/link-to-google-slides-that-many-have-been-asking-for-i-explain-my-process-to-0-lg
    Also you can make a lot of gains in LG between now and Aprils exam. I highly suggest keeping track of what games give you trouble and what it is specifically gave you the trouble in the game.
    Good luck you got this,
    Kole