Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice essay?

machlaw4machlaw4 Member
in General 33 karma

I'm taking the LSAT this month (Feb 2021) and was wondering if I should do anything before the test to prepare for the essay (I haven't done any essay prep yet). Advice would be very much appreciated!

Comments

• TheMommaBearTheMommaBear Member
    348 karma

I personally didn’t do any prep and felt good about my submissions (I had to redo it because my first was flagged for security issues). Stick to the basic formula: 1) intro where you identify which position you plan to take 2) a paragraph where you introduce three arguments for your position 3) another paragraph where you introduce counter arguments that you ultimate defend against, 4) a paragraph where you discuss the merits of the option you didn’t choose, and why it’s not the best choice and, 5) conclusion where you reiterate your choice.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited February 2021 8313 karma

Powerscore has a good writeup to familiarize yourself with the format. There are a bunch more online as well.

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-ultimate-guide-to-the-lsat-writing-sample/

You can practice with the prompts on the pdf versions of the PTs... hit me up if you want some of the past prompts.

• machlaw4machlaw4 Member
    33 karma

@TheMommaBear Wow that is super detailed! Thank you so much for the advice :)

• machlaw4machlaw4 Member
    33 karma

@canihazJD thank you! I will definitely go check that out