Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for Increasing Attention Span

When I take a lot of time and take a lot of breaks, I'll score easily at 90%+. But once I have to focus in and spend the full three hours on the test, it's like my brain just can't handle focusing for that long and everything starts to glaze over. I'll even see this pattern in the test results... I'll start the test by getting mostly correct answers, then the further into the test I get, I start missing everything because my mind has completely lost focus. I make careless mistakes and have a hard time understanding the passages because my brain is just... tired.

For context, I also have PTSD and an associated dissociative disorder. Losing focus happens for me all the time. Almost like ADHD, but not quite.

Any tips on how to increase my attention span? I feel like this is the main thing holding me back from the score I want!

Comments

• feistyhorsesfeistyhorses Core Member
    53 karma

I can relate to this! Starting a regular meditation practice has helped me a lot. An app like Headspace or Calm might be worth trying out.

• @feistyhorses said:
    I can relate to this! Starting a regular meditation practice has helped me a lot. An app like Headspace or Calm might be worth trying out.

Great idea! I used to do meditation and it seemed to help. Time to pick it back up!

• josephneumeyer303josephneumeyer303 Core Member
    14 karma

Stop using instagram, snapchat, etc for the durating of your prep. Seriously, the 30second / short videos / scrolling really takes a toll on your attention