Any chance getting into T14 in 21-22 cycle with 171 and 3.4(international)?

So I got 171 in last Flex, but my GPA is like real low and ppl with170+ really increased a lot since Flex. Scholarship and location are not any issue if I can get into a T14. And I wonder if I can't be accepted by a T14, can I get into school like UCLA or UT-Austin?
Any opinion will be appreciated!

Odds?
  1. T14?33 votes
    1. 66%+
      54.55%
    2. 33%-66%
      42.42%
    3. 0-33%
        3.03%

Comments

• RyanazRRyanazR Member
    208 karma

Pretty sure you will make it into a T14. I am international too. As long as you have good recommendations and a solid personal statement, you are probably set.

• MarkFungMarkFung Member
    25 karma

@RyanazR said:
    Pretty sure you will make it into a T14. I am international too. As long as you have good recommendations and a solid personal statement, you are probably set.

Thanks a lot for the encouragement!

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I think the next cycle will be much less competitive. I have a friend from Korea who got a major scholarship to Texas with I think a 169 and a 3.7 or something last year, and I think a 171 and lower GPA is probably just as good typically. If next year returns to the sort of results we saw last year I think you have a very good chance.

• Brigitte-1Brigitte-1 Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    31 karma

I agree with the rest. You have a good shot at the T-14 or T-16. But it's a bit of an atypical year, so nothing is a guarantee!

25 karma

@VerdantZephyr said:
    I think the next cycle will be much less competitive. I have a friend from Korea who got a major scholarship to Texas with I think a 169 and a 3.7 or something last year, and I think a 171 and lower GPA is probably just as good typically. If next year returns to the sort of results we saw last year I think you have a very good chance.

Thank you for sharing!

25 karma

@trytoremaincalm said:
    I agree with the rest. You have a good shot at the T-14 or T-16. But it's a bit of an atypical year, so nothing is a guarantee!

Got it! Thx!