7Sage Problem Set Format - Why no option to reflect what the actual digital LSAT looks like?

galacticgalactic Yearly Member
in General 690 karma

Hey guys, wondering why the format used on the 7Sage Problem Sets and presumably the Practice Tests (haven't gotten there yet) does not have an option to reflect what the actual digital LSAT looks like? Talking about really small nit-picky details like the font and shape of the bubbles, but I still feel like these things matter when you are practicing. Does anyone know if there is some licensing reason behind this? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited February 2021 5740 karma

Hi @"john ryan"

Our digital tester is not exactly like the LSAC's digital tester for two reasons.

First is that the LSAC won't allow it on intellectual property grounds.

Second is because our digital tester and the LSAC's serve overlapping yet also different functions. 

The primary purpose of our digital tester is help you improve your LSAT score whereas the purpose of the LSAC's is to familiarize you with the interface of the digital tester that you will be using on test day. For instance, our digital tester tracks a lot of data that the LSAC's doesn't, so we can provide you with detailed analytics to help you identify weaknesses and where to spend your time studying.  

Our general advice is to have students take about 10% of their PrepTests on the LSAC digital tester to get familiar with the interface and 90% of their PrepTests on our digital tester so they can utilize the data tracked to improve their score.

Please note that you can simulate LSAT Flex on any of the PrepTests available in the course. To simulate LSAT Flex, check the box labeled "Simulate Flex" next to the PrepTest name in the digital tester. This will skip the second LR section. See the screenshot below:

Also, the Standard theme in our digital tester is the closest setting we currently have to the real LSAT test. See screenshot below:

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

• galacticgalactic Yearly Member
    690 karma

Juliet - I really appreciate your response, this was incredibly helpful - especially the 10/90% guidance you offered. The community and culture you and your team have created here/continue to promote is outstanding! Thanks!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@"john ryan" said:
    Juliet - I really appreciate your response, this was incredibly helpful - especially the 10/90% guidance you offered. The community and culture you and your team have created here/continue to promote is outstanding! Thanks!

It's our pleasure! Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions.

• mariposamariposa Member
    14 karma

This might be really silly but I have never seen the options to hi-light or underline on this platform, how can I enable those options here?

5740 karma

@mariposa said:
    This might be really silly but I have never seen the options to hi-light or underline on this platform, how can I enable those options here?

Hi there,

The highlighting and underlining tools are located to the top right of the Digital Tester. Please see the screenshot below:

You should be able to tap on these tools and then select the text you wish to highlight or underline. If you do not see these tools on your Digital Tester, please let us know.

You can also try the following:

1. Clear your browser's cache. You can clear your browser's cache with these steps: https://7sage.com/clear-cache/

2. Try using a different browser. We find that the Chrome browser works best with our course but Firefox and Safari works well too.