Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for 170+ Scorers

edited February 2021 in Logical Reasoning 174 karma

For those who initially struggled with LR (-5-7 a section), did you get better with more exposure to the test? If not, how do you overcome a weak LR section?

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

As deep as possible written review of everything that gave you any kind of trouble. You want an analysis of the question and the test writer's objectives in its formulation, as well as a brutal introspective critique of your performance/reaction including a specific plan of action to address each issue. I was shocked to see how many people don't do this (or maybe I was just lucky to have picked this up from other 7sagers early on... it's in the CC though), as its easily, in my opinion, the most effective way to improve. You should be able to bang out about a page per question... you can't write too much.

• Thanks! I have a wrong answer journal but I didn't include an analysis. I can see how that would be more effective.

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    edited February 2021 2464 karma

Adding to what @canihazJD said, also be sure to note exactly what trap you fell into or how/why/what made you misunderstand the stimulus or answer choice- don’t just say “ahh duh” and mark it as a one off.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Adding to both of the amazing scores above - don't neglect the wrong answer in your review. You can learn just as much from the wrong answer you picked as you can from the right answer. The wrong answer you picked was attractive for a reason; a wrong reason. What was that reason? Why was it attractive? What is the error in the reasoning?

Compare it to the right answer. What does the right answer have that the wrong answer doesn't? What is the right answer doing to fill the gap in logic that the wrong answer isn't? Why was the right answer not appealing to you the first time around?