7Sage Podcast #38 - 7Sager Sami - 152 to 173 LSAT

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited March 2021 in General 5740 karma

Episode 38 is here!

Subscribe to our podcast:
iTunes (Apple Podcasts) | Google Play Music | SoundCloud

Comments

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

Long awaited!

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

awesome

• Stimmy TurnerStimmy Turner Alum Member
    edited February 2021 46 karma

I’m in a similar boat as Sami just way at the beginning of my journey and it’s exactly what I needed to hear! I’m about a third of the way done with the pod so apologies if this question gets answered but I was wondering when Sami would find time to study while working full time and what her routine was like? I’m insanely impressed with her ability to manage that on top of tutoring and I know this at consistent routine is the area that I need to fix personally.

• 74 karma

I really needed to hear this. I am on the brink of taking an extra year to continue studying for the test. But I don't want to disappoint my family. Nobody in my family understands what this test is like, they assume its just like any other test and I'm just not studying hard enough and making excuses. The added pressure does not help.

• learn2skipQslearn2skipQs Member
    730 karma

@aaghanie trust & believe ur not alone with family drama. I've gotten in multiple arguments about the lsat...

976 karma

The most insightful part of the podcast was NOT telling people about the 7th take. Also, not to make an over-reaching conclusion, but maybe having 5+ takes for many more people won't preclude them from t14.

• CorgiCanLSATCorgiCanLSAT Member
    60 karma

What grammar book did Sami use? I don't know if it was posted in the notes or not. Thanks!

• Lucas CarterLucas Carter Alum Member
    edited February 2021 2798 karma

@Markmark said:
    The most insightful part of the podcast was NOT telling people about the 7th take. Also, not to make an over-reaching conclusion, but maybe having 5+ takes for many more people won't preclude them from t14.

I am at a T14 and had 7 takes-- never say never!

976 karma

@"Lucas Carter" said:

@Markmark said:

I am at a T14 and had 7 takes-- never say never!

Cornell right? And you're doing super well too (top 10%) ^^ exactly man

• McBeck418McBeck418 Member
    500 karma

Such a great listen! Thanks!

• akitagogoakitagogo Alum Member
    89 karma

Is this also available on Spotify?

• edited February 2021 179 karma

@akitagogo said:
    Is this also available on Spotify?

Yes, I listened to it on Spotify. If you search "7Sage," it should appear along with other podcasts.

• bananabobananabo Core Member
    1211 karma

@CorgiCanLSAT said:
    What grammar book did Sami use? I don't know if it was posted in the notes or not. Thanks!

Not sure if this is the grammar book that she used, but I went to her free tutoring sessions and she recommended this book:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Grammar-Workbook-Ever-Punctuation/dp/0991167406/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1B05NL46T0ZD8&dchild=1&keywords=the+best+grammar+workbook+ever&qid=1613683783&sprefix=the+best+gramm,aps,205&sr=8-1

• BadReasoning2022BadReasoning2022 Alum Member
    110 karma

very encouraging long march

• akitagogoakitagogo Alum Member
    89 karma

This episode is so encouraging... especially under the current circumstances. Really look forward to learning which school is Sami going to attend!

• brookegojazzbrookegojazz Core Member
    360 karma

This helped me a ton, thank you for this!

• lsatslayer-1lsatslayer-1 Member
    113 karma

thanks for sharing, I"m on the same boat as Sami and hopefully will reach a similar shore! much congratulations to her!

• Amit.DhakaAmit.Dhaka Member
    edited February 2021 61 karma

I am about to take it for second time and I was freaking out :smiley:

• Amit.DhakaAmit.Dhaka Member
    61 karma

@akitagogo said:
    This episode is so encouraging... especially under the current circumstances. Really look forward to learning which school is Sami going to attend!

northwestern.