Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Timed or untimed practice?

mitchell-5mitchell-5 Member
edited March 2021 in General 100 karma

What form of studying does the majority of your practicing consist of?

Is it times practice, with blind review after? Or is the majority strictly untimed, with an additional blond review right after? And for the preptest, are you timing those as well?

I feel i learn the most untimed.

Comments

• lysimmons00lysimmons00 Core Member
    23 karma

You can do it however you want for most of it! There are a lot of time problem sets, but you can choose to make them untimed or give yourself longer time on each problem set if that's how you learn best. I'm not sure about whether the practice tests can be untimed but I'm pretty sure it's recommended to do them timed since time is such an important factor in the LSAT.

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

I would go with untimed practice sections, really get into the nitty gritty and learn the patterns and get to understand what you're practicing. Save the timing for PTs, of course blind reviewing after each exam. But personally, I focus most of my energy on untimed sections to get my accuracy up. You can always work on speed after you know your stuff :smile:

• SufficientConditionSufficientCondition Alum Member
    311 karma

@"mitchell-5" said:
    What form of studying does the majority of your practicing consist of?

Is it times practice, with blind review after? Or is the majority strictly untimed, with an additional blond review right after? And for the preptest, are you timing those as well?

I feel i learn the most untimed.

I recommend light practice (up to five PTs) timed, then learn untimed until you can get perfect sections. After that, timed and blind review all the way.

Of course, taking then blind reviewing a PT incorporates both techniques.