PT53.S4.Q23 (4) - Controlling agricultural pests

BigJay20BigJay20 Member
edited March 2021 in Reading Comprehension 438 karma

Is anyone able to take a look at Q23, RC?

I kindly ask not to be referred to the explanation video as it doesn’t answer my question.

The question asks us what happens when X is substituted with Paranthion with all conditions remaining the same. But in the experiment, only one group had predators- “line 42)“predator-free.”

A infers a change in the condition because it requires assuming both groups have Typhlodromus. It’s the only thing I have against this answer. Is there anything I’m missing?

Admin Note: https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-53-section-4-passage-4-questions/

Comments

• SSBM1000SSBM1000 Member
    edited March 2021 614 karma

Hello,

In the third paragraph of the passage, the reason the plot that was sprayed with the pesticide is predator free is because the pesticide kills the predator insect. The pesticide in Q23 is stated to have no effect on the predator insects, hence the predator wouldn't be killed off and could eat the prey insects. While it's true that the passage doesn't state if the plot treated with pesticides had predator insects placed into it, the passage states in the first paragraph that these predator insects naturally go into these strawberry plots that have the prey insects, so it's reasonable to assume that would happen in this experiment since they are unaffected by the pesticide.

• medsarkolemainkoldgumedsarkolemainkoldgu Free Trial Member
    edited December 2021 2 karma

For me, the Q23 has an excellent potential to deal with the insect problem. The feature that allows the Q23 not to kill the natural predator is really impressive. The pesticide kills the insects, and the rest of the insects will be killed by the natural predators, and the large amounts of predators will prevent appearing the massive population of insects for some time. I wish I had this tool two years ago when I dealt with my insect problem. My struggle was huge. I even asked the pest company https://ajverminatorpestcontrol.com/ for help.