Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice/Opinions on my second take

SteFunny-1-1-1SteFunny-1-1-1 Core Member
in General 224 karma

Hi all!

So, I am trying to make a decision on whether to take the April exam or push it to a later date. It would be my second take. The April exam I signed up for was free because I have not yet used my free take and the latest date I could sign up for and use it was the April exam. My dilemma is, I know I will not be fully ready to take April but I am wondering if I should do it anyway since it was a free exam and could be a practice round or would it look bad to have that extra take on my transcript? Would it be better to just cancel it and take the exam when I am fully ready and not have that extra take? Thoughts/Opinions?

Thank you all and Happy studying!

Comments

• Cravath170Cravath170 Core Member
    166 karma

Not ready -----> Don't take the LSAT

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Agreed, wait to take it till your ready. Yes, there can be value in practicing, but that's what PTs are for, and the confidence you lose from not doing as well as you need/want to does a lot more harm, I would argue (speaking from experience). You should be able to reschedule for June without penalty as that registration is now open, no? Best of luck!

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Can you move your test? Can you afford the cost of taking it at a later date? That's obviously a big consideration. Were you far from your goal on your first take? In general the best policy is to wait until you're ready, but that doesn't mean that for some of us taking a free test now isn't a better decision.

• galacticgalactic Yearly Member
    690 karma

Hi SVICTORIA: Wait. Set a goal score for yourself and don't take the actual LSAT until you are regularly scoring within range of it during your PTs.

• SteFunny-1-1-1SteFunny-1-1-1 Core Member
    224 karma

Thank you all for your valuable input! I decided I am going to wait to take it. =)