Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PT67.S2.Q13 - Papercrete building material - 7Sage Forum

PT67.S2.Q13 - Papercrete building material

Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
edited March 2021 in Logical Reasoning 2249 karma

The stimulus is confusing to me: when it says "those who regularly work with it," is that referring to "most builders" or another group of people entirely? And when it says it is likely that papercrete is promising for large-scale construction, is that a flawed argument because the people who did work with papercrete and are familiar with it have only used it primarily for small-scale rather than large-scale construction?

Admin Note: https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-67-section-2-question-13/

Comments

• nnnnnnzzzznnnnnnzzzz Member
    edited March 2021 177 karma

EDIT: Those refer to the builders and not the builders. Most builders don't think it's good for large scale construction, but those who use it for small scale construction think it's good.

For your second question, I think you are making some unwarranted assumptions there. Are you thinking that people who use it primarily for small-scale rather than large-scale construction are biased or never used the material for large-scale construction? Primarily doesn't mean exclusively or only, and attacking the premise is not the way to go.

• Ashley2018-1Ashley2018-1 Alum Member
    edited March 2021 2249 karma

For my second question, I am trying to think of why the argument was flawed. Ok, now I am really confused because I read an online solution and that is kind of what they were saying. I never said the ones who regularly use papercrete have never used it for large construction; I meant the builders who used the paper crete for small scale construction may not have the right knowledge to assess whether or not the paper create is good for large-scale construction and I wanted to know if that line of thinking was correct.

• nnnnnnzzzznnnnnnzzzz Member
    177 karma

Could you post the solution on here? You may have interpreted the solution wrong. The stimulus is actually implying that large-scale builders are not familiar with the papercrete.