Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New 7sage font? Or just me? Edit: Added a poll to discussion.

kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
edited March 2021 in General 1687 karma

The font for the 7sage forum looks different or is just my computer?

Edit by Alan (2021-03-10):

Here is what the new (left) font should look like compared to the old (right) font:

If the site looks different on your browser, please try clearing your cache (https://7sage.com/clear-cache/). Sorry!

Do you like the new font?
  1. Do you like the new font?34 votes
    1. Yes
      29.41%
    2. No
      41.18%
    3. Don't care
      29.41%

Comments

• yunonsieyunonsie Member
    611 karma

I see it too

• UCLApleaseUCLAplease Member
    281 karma

It's new and it's ugly, TBH.

• 1050 karma

It's really throwing me off!

• Blake MorrisBlake Morris Core Member
    edited March 2021 102 karma

ugh what is this

let me see what it looks like bold

edit: oh my god the intensity

• 128 karma

yeah I think this is the font they use on the actual test :( ig we need to get used to the ugliness

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited March 2021 4300 karma

I thought I had been staring at my screen for too long today and my eyesight was glitching on me LOL 🤣

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Not sure how I feel about it ahaha.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @kkole444, @yunonsie, @UCLAplease,@"Burden.of.Floof" @"Blake Morris" @CEOofgettinga170, @"Law and Yoda"

Sorry about that. The font on the site should look like the example in the screenshot below:

However, if it does not look like that on your end, please try clearing your browser's cache with these steps: https://7sage.com/clear-cache/

Let me know if you are still having trouble.

• McBeck418McBeck418 Member
    500 karma

Glad it's not just me. I definitely thought I was losing my mind! haha.

611 karma

@Juliet-- The cache clearing worked! Thanks!!

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    edited March 2021 1470 karma

Goodbye Futura PT, hello whatever the fuck this unfortunate font is. 😔

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

Cleared chache... that was a dicey, serif-filled moment that is gladly over. In case anyone was ever considering a new font for the sight, I believe we have figured out that will not be well received! lol

• 1050 karma

aaah relief. Thank you @Juliet--

• Blake MorrisBlake Morris Core Member
    102 karma

This reminds me of an email I received one day at work that went like

"Design Team,

Thank you for implementing a fun new idea to freshen things up.

It has been deemed a total failure and is to be removed immediately.

Thank You,

Boss Man"

• absgold123absgold123 Member
    41 karma

Am I the only one who actually likes the new font? 🤣

• SufficientConditionSufficientCondition Alum Member
    311 karma

@kkole444 said:
    The font for the 7sage forum looks different or is just my computer?

Definitely, @kkole444 ! It's sharper at the edges. I can get used it, though.

• love2learnlove2learn Free Trial Member
    edited March 2021 252 karma

ugh it hurts my eyes (literally not subjectively), can't use the site like this :disappointed:
    i'm going to make a possible mistaken causal flaw and say that browsing through the discussion forum just gave me a headache and nausea. there's too much contrast for some of us with 'eye condition issues'. I had to 90% my screen (just had to do the same on lawhub - so what is UP with this change!)

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    edited March 2021 3074 karma

@"Burden.of.Floof" @UCLAplease @"Blake Morris" @love2learn @absgold123 @SufficientCondition

Thanks for the feedback everyone! It's always great to hear what you think about changes so we have a better idea of what's working or not working for everyone.

We are definitely open to changing the font back, or to some other font.

I want to make sure we are all looking at the same font though, because it looks like we ran into issues delivering the new one. When we put in the new font we didn't realize how many browsers would aggressively cache our old styles and show the incorrect (emergency fallback) fonts. These fonts are quite bold, and at least to my taste, unappealing. Sorry! If you find the fonts too bold your browser most likely is showing the wrong fonts. Please try clearing your browser cache:
    https://7sage.com/clear-cache/

Here is what the new font (left) should look like compared to the old (right) font:

edited March 2021 611 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" I also noticed that one and liked that one! I think the one people are referring to here is this really bolded font that I see only under Forum. The cache clearing worked yesterday, but it's back today.

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    3074 karma

@yunonsie Thank you for letting me know! We just rolled out some changes to try to reduce the chances of getting the really bolded font. Couldn't consistently reproduce the issue on our end, so it was a bit of a shot in the dark, I hope we didn't make it worse!

Is it still weird on your end? Does doing https://7sage.com/clear-cache/ again help?

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" the changes (you, 7Sage)made changed the way the discussion forum looks. It is not so BOLD anymore. I did not have to clear the cache to see the new changes either.