Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any great tutors for RC?

chickenislovechickenislove Free Trial Member

Hi!
I am looking for a RC tutor to work with.
For context, my average score under time is at -5 to -7 RC (I'm at -1 LR and -1 LG). The frustrating part is that my BR score for RC isn't that much different: it's around -3 to -6.

My guess is that either I'm not reading right, or I'm not approaching the questions right, or some of both. I was wondering if we could work on improving accuracy on RC BR first.

If you know of anyone, please let me know! Thanks!

P.S. I'm aware of the 7Sage's Approved Tutors. I have reached out to some that I thought would be a good match for me, but they are all either full or have not messaged back.

Comments

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

Hey I'll send a dm!

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    edited March 2021 686 karma

@chickenislove @Constantine has been very helpful in improving my RC

• chickenislovechickenislove Free Trial Member
    edited March 2021 46 karma

@"Jordan Johnson" Are you sure...? Because @Constantine reached out to me and asked for $50 for "a perfect score on RC in a few days." So I asked if I'd be able to chat with him a bit to know if we'd be a good fit. And he got really triggered by it. And left the chat.

Seemed like a scammer to me.

• ConstantineConstantine Member
    edited March 2021 1320 karma

Yes, I can do that. If your score is at -5 to -7 RC and -1 on LR (LR helps with RC), then I can get you -2-3 in a few days. I've done it before
    @tignis after a free session He got -1 on RC for the first time. He was getting before like -7.
    @MrsRobinson1 got from -8/-10 to -3/-2 on RC after a few free sessions.
    They are not exceptions. Just people who left their comments. It was 3 months ago. I've got much better now.
    About that I left the chat. I can't teach you if you don't trust me. And I don't have to talk with anyone just because they want to.

P.S. guys, who read this on March 23 or 24, lets have a few FREE sessions with me. On one condition, you will leave a comment here about your progress on RC (before and after). If you are interested, please leave a comment. If you want to cancel a free session, please message me before the meeting, not after (it happened before). Thanks!

• Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
    1384 karma

Hey there! @jmarmaduke96 showed me the ropes! I highly recommend him, and he is a 7-sage approved tutor (https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/45233), offers a free 30-min. consultation, and is genuinely patient and thoughtful in every exchange. He helped me diagnose my issues and w/ some practice, got me off to some solid point gains for RC as well.

James also posted an AMAZINGLY detailed how-to not long ago: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/26560/my-guide-to-reading-comprehension-part-1-long-ish-post

• weloverowanweloverowan Core Member
    26 karma

@Constantine I would love some help!

• llebato21llebato21 Core Member
    21 karma

@Constantine I would be interested. Thanks so much!

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    686 karma

@chickenislove I'm sure.

• daliaglomelidaliaglomeli Core Member
    117 karma

@Constantine Interested!

• Slow is FastSlow is Fast Alum Member
    445 karma

@Constantine I'm interested too!

• gabbyraegabbyrae Member
    14 karma

@Constantine interested!

• Mattblue92Mattblue92 Core Member
    12 karma

@Constantine Interested!

• UTLawWannabeUTLawWannabe Member
    66 karma

@Constantine I am willing to take that bet, let's do a free session. My before is -7 Average on RC. -3/4 average LR -0 LG

• jaycabs99jaycabs99 Core Member
    10 karma

@Constantine Me as well!

• elle-mo92elle-mo92 Core Member
    9 karma

@Constantine interested in a couple of sessions. DM me please :)

• JDDS0220JDDS0220 Member
    103 karma

@Constantine I'm interested! Please DM me!!

• hchoi1221hchoi1221 Member
    edited March 2021 139 karma

• KevinLuminateLSATKevinLuminateLSAT Alum Member
    edited March 2021 978 karma

@chickenislove Feel free to reach out to me and send me some recent RC results and your own explanations for RC mistakes (if you keep a wrong answer journal). I might be able to provide some (free) advice. While I would never guarantee that you'll get a -1 RC score, I have substantial tutoring experience and LSAT skill (-0 on all sections on an officially-administered LSAT) and I think I can help.

• hobbietjhobbietj Core Member
    59 karma

@Constantine very interested for both. I will be a workhorse.

• SufficientConditionSufficientCondition Alum Member
    311 karma

@Constantine way to go, buddy!

• Slow is FastSlow is Fast Alum Member
    edited April 2021 445 karma

Bumping this thread for anyone who's looking for RC help. @Constantine has been a fantastic resource & just wanted to vouch for him and his method.

I have a literature background, so RC was a fairly ok section for me but my scores would fluctuate depending on the passage selection. I'd get anywhere between 2-8 wrong/section, so it was frustrating. This new method I'm practicing is more technical so I'm now finding the subject matter to be less of an issue. I only miss 1 or 2 on single practice passages, if at all. My timed PT section scores are stabilizing around -3/-4, so with more practice I'm sure I can get to -1/-0 soon.

I will also add that, no matter how skilled a tutor you can find, you have to be willing to practice and apply the things they're telling you. As with all things LSAT (and anything worthwhile, tbh), you ultimately get what you put in!