Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nervous about the June LSAT?

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited June 2015 in Sage Advice 13940 karma
Of course you are. You're about to take an important test. It's not the most important test though. That one is called the October LSAT.

Just kidding. This is likely the last LSAT you'll ever take.

I'm only trying to remind you that for something this important, there are second chances. That's not true for a lot of other important things in life, so that's something to feel good about.

For most of you, you already know what score you'll get. Take your last three recent properly administered LSAT PrepTests (e.g., 72, 73, 74) and average your scores. You'll get plus or minus 3 points of that average.

There is nothing separating you from that score except the mere passing of a few day's time.

You are as prepared as you can be. You have already seen everything those crafty LSAT writers will throw at you and you've amply demonstrated your ability to respond with craftiness of your own.

Monday will be just another PT day and the June 2015 LSAT will be just another PT. PrepTest 75, in fact, when the LSAC releases it. And how different could that be from PT 74 and PT 73 and PT 72 and on and on and on.

You're ready.

That's not to say, of course, that you won't encounter a few insanely difficult curve breaker questions. Every LSAT has them. Every student who has ever taken the LSAT before you has encountered them. You will encounter them (again) on Monday. I am telling you this now, so you will be prepared. Skip them. Keep moving. Maintain your rhythm.

You got this.

Comments

• leonsmoneyleonsmoney Member
    280 karma
    Great advice. I'm prepping for October, but it's nice to hear this now!!!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2015 7965 karma
    @"J.Y. Ping" said:
    It's not the most important test though. That one is called the October LSAT.
    HAH. This was very funny.

This is such an encouraging perspective! I ain't 'fraid o' no PT's ... PT 76, come at me.
  • ShownuffShownuff Alum Member
    222 karma
    Words of wisdom... "maintain your rhythm".
  • PrettyLittleLawyerPrettyLittleLawyer Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    are the three recent LSATs the only ones that are determinant of your score +/- 3 points? I was only able to take PT 73 but all the other ones I took were from PTs 52-61.
  • hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    well that rule generally applies to your last three PT average, but if they were very recent then it will more acurattely predict your score.
    323 karma
    That rule of thumb hold pretty true though? i made a 148 in february, wasn't ready, but the school i'm aiming for didn't tell me they would accept my June until after that test, now my last three PT average is a FULL TEN POINTS HIGHER at 158! My weakest section is games and this week i've been doing more of the LG bundle to try and break a 160 on test day!!
    323 karma
    Also i'm taking PT 72 tomorrow for my last major task before Monday!! JUST A FEW DAYS LEFT PEOPLE!!
  • pseudonymouspseudonymous Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2015 521 karma
    Ack, I feel like I'm so keyed up that if someone poked me with a stick, I'd yell out "necessary but not sufficient!" out of sheer reflex.

Keep happy, keep healthy, keep calm, and punch that LSAT in the face.

7965 karma
    @pseudonymous said:
    I feel like I'm so keyed up that if someone poked me with a stick, I'd yell out "necessary but not sufficient!" out of sheer reflex.
    HA HA HA

This is *very* funny. I am picturing it now.

Note to self: must find someone in Calgary to poke @pseudonymous with a stick and film reaction video ...
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    Note to self: must find someone in Calgary to poke @pseudonymous with a stick and film reaction video ...
    7965 karma
  • titaniumtitanium Alum Member
    86 karma
    Hey J.Y. Ping, before I forget, you are a genius. But then I remembered that your LG solutions do a service to planet earth by leveling the playing field of law education to all. They also allow law education to be more accessible to anybody that has found its beauty already and to all that will find law education's beauty during LSAT 76,77,78 and LSAT 101,102,103 during the next decade. Human rights lawyers (fighting for gays and lesbians, black and white, tall and short, happy and sad, and all that may need to fight the good fight), and all that see the value of adding a law degree to their life journey, will be agreeing with me sooner or later. 7Sage may not have made you a rich man (based on the money in the bank definition of richness), but boy, you are rich, you are rich in positive energy coming from thousands around the world listening to your LG solutions tonight and tomorrow before this Monday's LSAT. And in the end of our journey, decades from the writing of this 7Sage review post, when we look back at our lives, I bet your kind of richness will be more valuable than a few extra dollars at a bank account. But then based on the infallible law of life, you will end up with plenty of dollars at your bank account due to the great service to planet earth that you have provided by sharing your talent. Congratulations J.Y.Ping.
    323 karma
    Nice! @titanium !! i agree he is the man!
  • Student76Student76 Alum Member
    324 karma
    Good luck everyone!