Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic games

parker305parker305 Member
in Logic Games 23 karma

Ok so, I just can't seem to get a grasp of the logic games. I have been told that the analytical reasoning section is the easiest to improve in; however, I beg to differ. Every-time I try a new problem on practice tests, I am always stuck on how am I suppose to set up the game. I am not sure if I get nervous because I know the games are my weakness which could be causing blockage, or what. But I do know that- I just don't understand them. It's hard to study and practice different games, when I don't have at least one type of game I am good at.

Comments

• moniemadridmoniemadrid Member
    179 karma

The power score bible of games
    and the atlas book

• parker305parker305 Member
    23 karma

Thank you!

• austinrgainesaustinrgaines Yearly Member
    47 karma

I know that it is exceedingly boring, but what helped me the most was constantly fool proofing the games I attempted. I was lost when it came to logic games for a long while. Really, I didn't think that I could improve the section a whole lot. Yet, I read a ton of threads detailing how people improved, and the constant was fool proofing. A good number of people said that the game section eventually just "clicked" with them. Honestly, it kind of made me mad since it wasn't clicking with me. I didn't think it would click given how much I had worked on them. But... it finally did. If it can work for me, it can work for you. It does take a ton of work though. I got to the point that I was dreaming about games in my sleep. Fool proofing is all I did during the day. Games are pretty easy for me now. I went -3 on the games section for my last two PTs, and my misses were kinda dumb mistakes. My best advice would be to watch each game's explanation and then replicate it over and over and over again. It sucks, but it works! Hope this helps!

• equallyyokedequallyyoked Alum Member
    374 karma

I am new to games and in this curriculum, I just finished the first super easy game that he teaches here (in lsat history apparently). It took me a while to do it as it took about 3-4 times. I was ready for the different inferences and plan to use what I learned in games to come. So yes, do each game (keep watching the video and doing it on your own while the video is paused) until you can really come up with the right answer on your own. The LG section tests how hard you can work according to another prep company. But I believe that can be true for many people.

• yunonsieyunonsie Member
    edited March 2021 611 karma

@austinrgaines I literally felt the same way and the same thing happened (the dreaming (weird) and the clicking).

It's so boring, but as I was foolproofing, my internal metric for "owning" a game was being able to see 1. exactly why every answer choice was wrong and 2. how would I realistically be able to solve this under test day circumstances. 2. has made me really careful and diligent about my diagramming and that has been helpful. I would also suggest reviewing some of the CC for logic games and advanced logic. If you're constantly getting stuck on new games, try to avoid wasting them.

• edited April 2021 176 karma

Hey! If you’re still having trouble getting started, I would totally love to give you a quick low down on how to get a solid foundation and start each game off. Let me know if you wanna FaceTime or Skype, games are my jam and I love teaching them! I miss 0-1 in the section

• parker305parker305 Member
    23 karma

@austinrgaines Thank you so much for the breakdown! You really gave me hope! I was starting to think I would never understand them.

@carlyboyd1991 Omg!! Thank you sooo Much! I definitely need your help. Is there anyway I could message you my email on here, so we could set a time?

• 381 karma

@parker305 @carlyboyd1991 any chance I could get included in this as well! Need all the LG help I can get!

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

@parker305 said:
    Ok so, I just can't seem to get a grasp of the logic games. I have been told that the analytical reasoning section is the easiest to improve in; however, I beg to differ. Every-time I try a new problem on practice tests, I am always stuck on how am I suppose to set up the game. I am not sure if I get nervous because I know the games are my weakness which could be causing blockage, or what. But I do know that- I just don't understand them. It's hard to study and practice different games, when I don't have at least one type of game I am good at.

I definitely feel you there. logic games did not come naturally to me at all in the beginning, nor were they the easiest for me to improve in. Especially the harder games that always tripped me up. I would say to start on only one type of game and try to improve on only those types of games first, and then venture more broadly into other game categories (a divide and conquer approach). Also, feel free to message me for help -- I'm consistently -0/-1 on logic games now after months of hacking away at them lol.

• 251 karma

have you tried doing all the if questions first?

• TheMommaBearTheMommaBear Member
    348 karma

I’ve discovered that logic games is not something that just ‘clicks’ one day. It’s a gradual accumulation of knowledge through practice and exposure. You truly are re-wiring your brain. I’ve been studying LG for approx 3 months and have seen some huge improvements, but it took time. Good luck!

• yazminseyazminse Member
    193 karma

What games are you struggling with? I currently get -0. Sometimes I get-3 if the games are difficult

• Slow is FastSlow is Fast Alum Member
    edited April 2021 445 karma

If you're in the early stage of your studying, I strongly recommend the Pacifico method of fool-proofing games.
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

I left a comment on a different post about how I used an LG Journal in tandem with this method. It's worked exceedingly well for me, but does require effort and commitment.
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/28076/diagraming-logic-games

As mentioned in the linked posts, there's a google doc spreadsheet involved. If you need a template, I'm happy to send.