Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ProctorU System Check before you take exam.

kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
edited March 2021 in General 1687 karma

Here is the link to check to see if you have all the right components to the system you are using in order to have the system check on test day go smoothly. If everything checks out then I would not worry about it. If something is wrong there is a FAQ section that has many little tips and tricks to use to try and get all systems go, but if that does not work there is a link to connect to a representative of ProctorU to help figure out what is going on with your computer. On test day you will have to have the browser extension and microphone on and camera, and have some security features off, to allow ProctorU to proctor you. I am not sure if you need to have an account, but I signed out of my account and I am still able to test my equipment. i would also recommend using chrome as your browser (recommended by ProctorU) I have also heard problems with people using firefox and or safari, I am not sure if those problems still persist but I have heard of them.
https://go.proctoru.com/testitout

Comments

• mk539215mk539215 Core Member
    28 karma

Thank u!!!

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Thank you. Does anyone know what can we do if RAM usage on MacBook Air is exceeding?

• 1050 karma

@Confidence123 start by closing extraneous tabs and applications, then try the test again.

• 1050 karma

Thank you @kkole444 !!!

• HL___393HL___393 Member
    41 karma

Thank you!!

1417 karma

Thank you @"Burden.of.Floof" It worked. Best of luck!!

• 63 karma

for fellow MacBook Air users - I found its really helpful to create a "Quit Everything" application for yourself, took care of the RAM issues I was having

How to do it: https://osxdaily.com/2013/06/02/quit-all-applications-mac-os-x/

• lsat2021-1lsat2021-1 Core Member
    246 karma

Hi I'm unable to see the AC bubbles next to questions on LawHub website and have to guess if the one I selected is the one being put in. Nervous that this might persist for the real one. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• swanganieswanganie Yearly Member
    294 karma

@lsat2021-1 That doesn't sound normal. Try clearing your cache, log in/out of LawHub, or restarting your browser/computer.

• 240 karma

Does anyone know if we need to download the ProctorU Chrome extension for the process to work?

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

@atticusbinch00 you will have to have it for exam day. I think somethings will be checked at okay but not everything if you do not have the extension, I'm was running a PC.

• sammychewssammychews Member
    210 karma

Does LSAC give you a ProctorU login username if you've never used ProctorU before when they email you to sign up for your test date/time? Or do we need to create an account? I'm thinking about creating an account prior to test day to streamline the process.

1687 karma

@sammychews when you get the email tomorrow you will click the link and all you have to do is change the password. they setup the account and user name ect.

• brookegojazzbrookegojazz Core Member
    360 karma

I have a macbook air and this was helpful to clear up ram space too :)

1687 karma

@brookegojazz thank you!

• ssa.gabsssa.gabs Core Member
    9 karma

I can vouch for clean my mac. its worth it esp if you have an older mac or one with less space

1417 karma

I tried testing my equipment again via ProctorU System Check link: https://go.proctoru.com/testitout since I'm taking June Flex. I did try and download the ProctorU extension on Chrome. However, it is still taking a long time to retrieve results with my tested equipment. I'm still not getting any check marks as to whether or not my equipment passes the check.

In this case, is it probably my internet connection isn't stable or proctor U is slow? I have a 2020 MacBook Air.

1687 karma

@Confidence123 sometimes it takes a while to check. You can click the lock on the left side of the search bar and allow proctotU to access the site, camera, microphone, computer system there is like two more categories, you should change them to "allow".

1417 karma

@kkole444 Thanks for your help. I tried to go to the search bar to continue allowing access your camera via proctorU and I'm getting update extension successfully detected. However, I'm still not getting any check marks as to whether or not my equipment passes the check. It is probably the internet connection then? While it is still trying to retrieve results, the green dot on my computer is off for the webcam?

1417 karma

I'm using Chrome as my browser.

1687 karma

Do you have any other extensions running? I have a PC, but I had an ad block that was not allowing ProctorU to do its thing. Some people also found it helpful to clear their cookies. I would not worry too much about the webcam, if you have a front facing camera and they can see you I'd say its good, I always fail the camera check because proctor U cannot see the dimensions of it but I have never had a problem with proctorU about it.

1417 karma

@kkole444 The only extension that is running is the ProctorU and I went in the check manage extension. I also cleared the history, cookies, and still using google chrome. I tried to allow camera, microphone, your device, virtual reality, and location. It is still giving me waiting to retrieve results and no check marks for anything. Not sure what had happened I tried testing out my device few weeks ago and it was fine. At first it was the RAM problem but I resolved it now it is not loading any marks for the check. You would not say it is internet connection then?

1687 karma

If you are loading everything else fine and can watch YouTube videos/Netflix on your laptop without a problem then I would say that it is not your internet. But if while watching a YouTube video it buffers then I would say that it is your internet.

1417 karma

Thanks @kkole444 for your help again. Yes, I am to get on zoom and 7 Sage without a problem. I guess I'll try and get a loaner equipment if it still doesn't load the marks.

1687 karma

You can go to there website and start a conversation with the little popup box in the bottom right of the screen, tell them your situation. They can do a system check like the one you'll have on actual test day. It took a while for a representative to reach me but I put the tab in the top right of the screen so I could see when a representative was connected, then I told the person who connected with me what was going on and they sorted everything out.

1417 karma

Thanks so much @kkole444

1687 karma

@Confidence123 you're welcome!