RC - reading from screen impacts performance

whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
edited March 2021 in Reading Comprehension 606 karma

Hello fellow sages,

I've been reviewing RC and had a bunch of sections printed off. I was doing close to perfect.

I switched to doing sections on lawhub and, oh man, it's really hurting my score.

I tried several approaches and nothing seems to be helping. I just process and retain text on a screen differently than I do on paper.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
    1384 karma

Hello! I'm not sure if you've seen this previous discussion (sure there are others, too), but it may be of use to check out! https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/28139/ah-curse-the-virtual-pt

• whatsmynamewhatsmyname Member
    606 karma

@"Lime Green Dot" said:
    Hello! I'm not sure if you've seen this previous discussion (sure there are others, too), but it may be of use to check out! https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/28139/ah-curse-the-virtual-pt

Thanks!

• tonyahardzinskitonyahardzinski Core Member
    307 karma

@whatsmyname said:
    Hello fellow sages,

I've been reviewing RC and had a bunch of sections printed off. I was doing close to perfect.

I switched to doing sections on lawhub and, oh man, it's really hurting my score.

I tried several approaches and nothing seems to be helping. I just process and retain text on a screen differently than I do on paper.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

I am the same way! Near perfect RC and UNDER the time allotted when I do the passages on paper. When I switch to the virtual I’m lucky to get 18-22. I did take another users suggestion and switched to whole passage and trace my pencil under each word as I read & that helps... some. I still perform far better on paper.

• 36 karma

I've even laid my laptop screen flat on the table to read it and use the same movements that I would if it was on paper. I suppose it helps a little bit, but I am still having to read it a few times over.