Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Running ProctorU on Macbook Air, please share your experience!

WhatslsatWhatslsat Member
in General 476 karma

Hi all,

I ran a test on my Air with M1 chip and it passed all the tests for video, audio and RAM but it failed the CPU.

It needs to be at 95% but it's at 97%.

Would this be a problem? I dont want any hiccups on the exam day.

If anyone has used Mac AIR for the FLEX please let me know !

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• 8 karma

I had a horrible time my first LSAT trying it on the MacBook Air. I had run all the tests, but the actual pop up to allow the proctor in would not come up. Took about an hour of troubleshooting before I could start my exam. They had to go in and change a bunch of settings and then I had to restart probably five times. Using MacBook Pro this go around, which seems to have much better reviews for Proctor U access.

• JordynGriffinJordynGriffin Core Member
    52 karma

Hey! I just checked mine, and I am also using a Macbook Pro. ProctorU is saying my RAM is at 98%, and the max is 95%. For Uni we have had to use a similar application in the past to take exams (Proctorio), and I got the same pop up for them. To solve that, I had to move a lot of files on my external hard drive to make space on the actual computer.

• JordynGriffinJordynGriffin Core Member
    52 karma

Hey! So I actually was just playing around with it, and I got the 98% down to 94% by clearing my Cache (browsing data) in Google Chrome and closing out of all applications open on my computer. On your mac, if you go up to the Chrome label on the menu bar, you will see a "clear browsing data" option, just click that, and you should be good to go!

• WhatslsatWhatslsat Member
    476 karma

@futuretxlawyer84
    Oof I'm very glad I asked then. I can use my pro 16inch but I feel it's too big.. Air seems to keep me focused better.

@JordynGriffin
    Thank you! I closed all the apps but only came down to 96% so will try that. Are you still using the Pro just to be safe??

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8491 karma

I used a 2015 11" air running an i5 for several flex tests. Worked flawlessly. Just have them run the check for you on chat.

• carolinelsatcarolinelsat Member
    103 karma

@canihazJD What do you mean by run the check for you on chat? I am using a 2020 air and passed the check on Proctor U, but if there is another check I can do in advance that would be great to know! thank you!!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8491 karma

You can get on the live chat with proctorU and ask them to run the system check for you. They will have you download the resucume file that lets them use your computer and make sure its good to go for test day. Use the same internet connection you will be using on test day.

• WhatslsatWhatslsat Member
    476 karma

@canihazJD
    That's comforting to know! Thank you!