Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Non-Traditional Student Study Group: Fall 2022

edited April 2021 in Study Groups 89 karma

I'm looking to join up with other non-traditional students going back to law school. I'm 37, with a BA and MS, doing a career pivot into law. I snagged a 164 in Jan, and am looking to score 175+ in October this year.

Ideally, I'm looking for a person, or a couple folks, to do a third blind review at least once a week. This would entail going over the entire test a third time, without scoring, and discussing correct/incorrect answers to locate gaps in knowledge or reasoning.

Optimistic and hardworking folks, please. Thanks.

Days for Third BR
  1. Which day would you like to join in the BR?17 votes
    1. Thursday - 8 PM CST
      29.41%
    2. Sunday - 8 PM CST
      47.06%
    3. Monday
      11.76%
    4. Tuesday
        0.00%
    5. Wednesday
        5.88%
    6. Friday
        5.88%

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Fellow non-trad here! Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck with the group... great initiative!

• PROMISED LANDPROMISED LAND Member
    340 karma

I think I'm interested...I'm also a non-traditional student applying this upcoming cycle to attend Fall 2022. What PT's are you on--I'm on PT 41. Not sure what PT's you'd want to review. I'm hoping to take the test this summer. I also really agree with the optimistic/hard working part! This would be my first take, but I've been studying since last year. Let me know what you think!

• jamw881619jamw881619 Member
    42 karma

I'm non-traditional (sahm). Looking to take the exam again in June (and onward if necessary). I'm just about to begin the practice tests so I'm not sure if that fits your requirements. Let me know. Thanks.

• mhanson1991mhanson1991 Member
    42 karma

I'm on pt 45 right now. Booked for June. My last practice test scores are ~170. Aiming for 17mid :D I'm in PST time, and can blind review 9-9 on the weekends.
    Also doing a career pivot.

• swanganieswanganie Yearly Member
    294 karma

Sounds like my kinda group! Non-trad pivoting into law from a full-time job in a very different field.

My previous study partner and I used to do PT BR calls just like what you're proposing and they were great. I'm all for it.

• lsat2021-1lsat2021-1 Core Member
    246 karma

Interested! Sound like a great idea for 3rd BR

• Slow is FastSlow is Fast Alum Member
    445 karma

Interested too! Should I message you, @ElderMillennialMom ?

• Chemical EngibeerChemical Engibeer Yearly Member
    edited April 2021 12 karma

I'm interested! Planning to take June or Aug 2021 test, it will be my first. Hoping scores are high enough to apply this Fall for 2022 admission.

Non trad here, too... 34 y/o Chemical Engineer, BS and MS degrees, one of the very few females in the beer industry (thus the user name).

• mindlikewatermindlikewater Member
    42 karma

@ElderMillennialMom Interested as well. I'm in my 40s and also returning to school. My target is August (or October if need be) . Would love to join!

• tapny1tapny1 Alum Member
    181 karma

Would like to join as well. We have stats in common

• SufficientConditionSufficientCondition Alum Member
    311 karma

This cycle winding down for me. Still possible I might get a qualifying offer, but please keep me in the loop starting in May. I got a 172 but may need to boost it over new medians if I am to get into T-10 with scholarship.

• 240 karma

32yo, BA/MA here, taking April/June and possibly October. Would love to join!

• kyoungy_kyoungy_ Live Member
    73 karma

Not sure if I can make the timezone, but would love to be included in this group. I fit the bill too.

• galacticgalactic Yearly Member
    690 karma

Interested! I don't anticipate being in PT season until early-mid May but would love to join and link up with you all soon. 27yo soon-to-be-veteran on relentless LSAT journey.

• 89 karma

wow! This is great everyone. I think what I'll do is set up two standard times for folks to crash in and do a 3rd Blind Review. I have taken the most recent PTs, so we will likely start in the 30's and do two a week. So let's say that this coming week, we can do test 30 and 31. I'll do a third BR for PT 30 on Thursday night at 8PM--message if you want to be on that one. And I'll do PT 31 on Sunday at 8PM (CST all of these).

If you'd like, please PM me which group you'd like to be in, and I can send out an invitation for a zoom or google hangout. I'd rather not run a discord, but if someone else wants to, please go ahead.

This is going to be very business like and tight. I'm looking to spend 2 hours max doing a third BR.

Yay! Looking forward to this and to have some accountability partners.

• ImpostersyndromeImpostersyndrome Core Member
    7 karma

I'd love to be a part of this group. I have sent you a PM regarding the same. As a fellow non traditional test taker, i can really use this community structure.

• minupaul77minupaul77 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Heyy! I am looking for a dedicated study partner for LSAT. I am posting my study schedule and plan in studypal .Join me there

• SufficientConditionSufficientCondition Alum Member
    311 karma

@ElderMillennialMom said:
    wow! This is great everyone. I think what I'll do is set up two standard times for folks to crash in and do a 3rd Blind Review. I have taken the most recent PTs, so we will likely start in the 30's and do two a week. So let's say that this coming week, we can do test 30 and 31. I'll do a third BR for PT 30 on Thursday night at 8PM--message if you want to be on that one. And I'll do PT 31 on Sunday at 8PM (CST all of these).

If you'd like, please PM me which group you'd like to be in, and I can send out an invitation for a zoom or google hangout. I'd rather not run a discord, but if someone else wants to, please go ahead.

This is going to be very business like and tight. I'm looking to spend 2 hours max doing a third BR.

Yay! Looking forward to this and to have some accountability partners.

Good leadership, @ElderMillennialMom ! I will send a private message. A little late for me but I'll show to Sunday eventually.

• 89 karma

Good leadership, @ElderMillennialMom ! I will send a private message. A little late for me but I'll show to Sunday eventually.

Awesome. I know it's a little late, but my kids don't go to bed until that time (womp womp). Hopefully when we get closer we can meet up in the day time. I'm available during the day 8:30 AM until 3:00 PM CST, but I'll likely not adding more full BRs until later in the cycle (I'm looking at August or October to take it).

• 89 karma

@obloome said:
    Interested too! Should I message you, @ElderMillennialMom ?

Sure :)

• edited April 2021 89 karma

I've got a google sheet with y'all's screen names on here if you're interested. You can send me your email address in a message with your preferred day, and I can email each group what PT we will do for that week :)

If you'd like a different day than Sunday/Tuesday, please mark it on the poll and maybe other groups can spin off of this one that's better for your schedule. Looking forward to it y'all!

• 89 karma

@canihazJD said:
    Fellow non-trad here! Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck with the group... great initiative!

Thank you! Hopefully we will all benefit from hearing how others think about some of these questions. Just trying to tackle the problem differently this time. I'm excited!

• omarvvalles96omarvvalles96 Core Member
    3 karma

Hello everyone I will also be studying and taking the LSAT to hopefully apply this fall when applications open id love to be added to the google sheet for times I definitely work better in a with support.

• thisisworethisiswore Core Member
    2 karma

Also interested. Almost same situation looking to score in the mid170s if not higher. Great idea!

• edited April 2021 183 karma

Would love to participate if there are any people who can accommodate a European timezone. I received an EE BS from a service academy and I'm currently a company commander stationed in Italy; I'd classify myself as an atypical law candidate, too. I take my first LSAT tomorrow so I'll have a baseline to work off of. I'm anticipating needing to retest. Considering my wife is due in June with our first I'm probably going to look at the October test for the next opportunity, so my timeline would align well with yours.

• modelstudent101modelstudent101 Core Member
    6 karma

Same situation here; early 30s career pivot from behavioral health/operations. Non-trad, testing mid 160s, looking to add some community support/accountability in addition to what I have! Let me know if you guys are still open to newcomers.

• Almost a BoomerAlmost a Boomer Alum Member
    384 karma

I would like to join also please.

• 89 karma

Hey friends, if you commented here, what I'll do is send a link to you right before we meet. Tanya has set it up on Skype, and if you want to jump in, great, and if you're not ready, no worries.

That way it is really up to you if you'd like to come in and do another blind review.

I'll be doing 36 and 37 this week. I am doing these lower numbers because I'm taking in either August or October, and I won't be taking the exam until I understand it fully and am confident in my own unique approach. It just feels like the right way to approach it since I'm a non-traditional student.

This may not be the group for you, and that's cool. :)

• 3 karma

Hi! I would love to join! I'm a 30 year old stay at home mom of 2 kiddos. Please send me an invite @ElderMillennialMom <3
    Glad you started this thread!

• detroit_suzukadetroit_suzuka Alum Member
    194 karma

I'm interested too. 40 year old auto engineer, trying to take August this year.

Great initiative

• NicoleTheOwlNicoleTheOwl Live Member
    edited April 2021 23 karma

Am I too late to join this group? I'm a non-traditional student as well...35 years old transitioning from entrepreneurship to law. Please send me an invite @ElderMillennialMom

Hi @detroit_suzuka I'm actually based in Novi, MI! Nice to see another Michigander here.

• 89 karma

I can add you into the group message, I think.