Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official April 2021 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread ⚖

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
in April 2021 LSAT 5740 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official April 2021 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread.

Please keep all discussions of the April 2021 LSAT-Flex here!

Rules:

You can't discuss specific questions. 🙅‍♂️
You CANNOT say things such as the following:

• Hey, the 3rd LG was sequencing and the last one was In/Out, right? (Don't mention the game type)
  • The last question in the LR section was a lawgic heavy MBT! Was the answer (B)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)
  • What was the answer for the last question of RC? I think it was an inference question? Was the answer (C)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)

Comments

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

Good luck everyone testing over the next few days! You have put in a lot of hard work! Don't doubt yourself now, you normally do better than you think!
    May the LSAT gods be with you!

• Julia CallandJulia Calland Member
    18 karma

Crazy feeling to be done!! Hoping for no negative surprises with my score! Definitely more self-doubt after this one than normal PTs, but I believe that is to be expected.

• blake Sawblake Saw Member
    21 karma

@"Julia Calland" said:
    Crazy feeling to be done!! Hoping for no negative surprises with my score! Definitely more self-doubt after this one than normal PTs, but I believe that is to be expected.

I feel the same way! LG felt a little harder than normal PT's.

• sbs266sbs266 Member
    23 karma

agreed - LG was harder

• Shraddha1805Shraddha1805 Free Trial Member
    47 karma

How was RC and LR in terms of difficulty level?

• giulia.pinesgiulia.pines Member
    466 karma

Congratulations to everyone who just finished! I postponed my test date to June and am now dealing with feelings of regret and envy for those who took the plunge. I wish I were done and I admire all of you!

• ingramc2ingramc2 Core Member
    44 karma

Does anyone know what the score release date is?

• rubberbootrubberboot Member
    edited April 2021 26 karma

@ingramc2 In the LSAC e-mail they sent prior to registration, they state that all scores will be released on Thursday, April 29th at 9:00 a.m. EST provided you have a completed writing sample.

• dbtornell4dbtornell4 Core Member
    edited April 2021 67 karma

I had the opposite feeling about LG. I finished with 11 minutes to spare and verified all my answer choices for each game. Maybe this was a product of playing through 10 very tough/unusual games on Thursday but nothing about LG felt overly difficult as the setups all seemed conventional to me.

RC was the most difficult in my opinion. I think I struggled with the first passage which shook my confidence a little bit moving forward.

LR seemed more or less like a typical PT but I struggled to focus a little bit, especially early in the section - probably test day nerves.

Definitely agree with Julia's comment about being happy to have finished the test but doubting my score more than the typical PT.

• @dbtornell4 said:
    I had the opposite feeling about LG. I finished with 11 minutes to spare and verified all my answer choices for each game. Maybe this was a product of playing through 10 very tough/unusual games on Thursday but nothing about LG felt overly difficult as the setups all seemed conventional to me.

RC was the most difficult in my opinion. I think I struggled with the first passage which shook my confidence a little bit moving forward.

LR seemed more or less like a typical PT but I struggled to focus a little bit, especially early in the section - probably test day nerves.

Definitely agree with Julia's comment about being happy to have finished the test but doubting my score more than the typical PT.

What games did you practice? I am taking it on Tuesday and would love to do some of those too.

• ccortezccortez Member
    4 karma

I am less worried about my score and have a dumb worry that it didn't submit right or something like that happened even though I know it did lol

I will be patiently waiting for April 29th.

• dbtornell4dbtornell4 Core Member
    67 karma

@"Timmy Is an Avg Kid that No One Understands" said:

@dbtornell4 said:

What games did you practice? I am taking it on Tuesday and would love to do some of those too.

I did:
    PT2 games 3 and 4
    PT7 game 3
    PT15 game 2
    PT21 game 4
    PTF97 game 4
    PT25 game 2 and 3
    PT79 game 4
    PT88 game 3 and 4

• 117 karma

Shitty experience. My 3rd take. The proctor booted me out of the test in the middle of my reading comprehension section as they claimed my video feed was off. The green light next to my built-in camera was on the whole time. Doesn't make sense to me. Anyhow, thanks to this I was out of the test for 3-4 minutes while they reestablished the feed. Wonderful way to ruin my retention of the passage I was working on. Will be filling out a complaint form but don't know if I'll have any luck getting a retake. Thoughts from anyone with experience requesting a retake would be much appreciated.

• 201 karma

I felt like 7sage prepared me for every single Logic Game except for the ones on the test today.
    RC felt easy (maybe because I loved the subjects they were about).
    LR felt normal.
    I do not feel entirely confident about the test today but I feel proud that I finally took the actual LSAT for the first time.

• Avocat 2021Avocat 2021 Member
    70 karma

LG was definitely easiest: Basic sequencing, sequencing with a twist, basic grouping, double layer sequencing. If you did enough practice with these types of games, you will probably be fine. RC was hard, especially the passage about Mexican murals. LR was so weird: 4 disagreement questions. I have never seen so many of this particular type of questions on any LR before.

• 201 karma

Hi Avocat 2021
    I think we received completely different tests.

• Avocat 2021Avocat 2021 Member
    70 karma

@"Millennium Falcon" That's very likely

• acquadiiceacquadiice Core Member
    121 karma

@dbtornell4 said:

had to same feeling with RC, first passage was kind rough for the first but the comparative for me killed me.

in agreement with the LG/LR sections, pretty standard

• Quasar180Quasar180 Member
    edited April 2021 64 karma

LG was probably the easiest section I've ever seen. I'm actually worried this tightened the scale. RC was 9/10 if not 10/10 difficulty. LR was standard.

That marks three times in a row for me where I've had very easy LG and very hard RC- my worst combination. I'm sure others have similar experiences. The luck of this exam, luck that determines admissions, scholarships, and debt, never ceases to amaze and anger me. I think section luck needs to be talked about more- it matters so much.

This is the last one for me, everyone. Glad to move on. I hope you all got the scores you needed.

• knoghs2022knoghs2022 Member
    44 karma

Had a horrible experience with the Proctor software not getting running for a full 35-40 minutes after I was supposed to start. By the time I started the exam all the anxiety I had worked to keep under control boiled over. I've been practice testing consistently where I want for the past month but today everything fell apart. I also had to use the bathroom at one point which means taking an unauthorized break. Super disappointed with this experience especially since for the most part the test was super doable in terms of the questions. I will be contacting LSAC because I cannot accept that the testing software isn't doing everything it can to reduce stress for the student.

• aaroncalderaaroncalder Member
    8 karma

@"Avocat 2021" said:
    LG was definitely easiest: Basic sequencing, sequencing with a twist, basic grouping, double layer sequencing. If you did enough practice with these types of games, you will probably be fine. RC was hard, especially the passage about Mexican murals. LR was so weird: 4 disagreement questions. I have never seen so many of this particular type of questions on any LR before.

We had the same test. I feel like I got a good swing at all 76 pitches. The curve will probably be minimal, (maybe -6 to 170) but we've got a shot at 180! Hoping our guesses will end up correct

• lukebrumfieldlukebrumfield Core Member
    14 karma

For those about to LSAT, we salute you.

• markcrougmarkcroug Core Member
    10 karma

During my test, (my camera light was on the whole time) the proctor sent me a chat that they were no longer to see me and wanted to take control of the screen to fix the issue- this notification was only noticeable if i had opened up the chat which was minimized on my screen so I didn't see it as I was currently in the middle of a section. 9 minutes later, they alerted me again that they could not see me and this time the chat promptly opened on my screen and I instantly let them take control and fix things, even though it took time away from my testing. Now I'm worried that the LSAC will flag/ cancel my score because of this issue. Should I take any steps to reach out and explain this situation or is it out of my hands? I feel like since they can verbally communicate at all times they could have done more to let me know that this was a problem instead of waiting so much time.

• 117 karma

@markcroug said:
    During my test, (my camera light was on the whole time) the proctor sent me a chat that they were no longer to see me and wanted to take control of the screen to fix the issue- this notification was only noticeable if i had opened up the chat which was minimized on my screen so I didn't see it as I was currently in the middle of a section. 9 minutes later, they alerted me again that they could not see me and this time the chat promptly opened on my screen and I instantly let them take control and fix things, even though it took time away from my testing. Now I'm worried that the LSAC will flag/ cancel my score because of this issue. Should I take any steps to reach out and explain this situation or is it out of my hands? I feel like since they can verbally communicate at all times they could have done more to let me know that this was a problem instead of waiting so much time.

I had the same issue. Log on to your LSAC account and file a test day complaint. You can try to get a retake if you feel it hurt your score, though no guarantees it will be granted. Other options are canceling and asking for a refund on future exam or keeping your score.

• TwoEuphoric116TwoEuphoric116 Core Member
    40 karma

LG was rough for me lol and I usually get perfect on that section...yikes

• edited April 2021 108 karma

@TwoEuphoric116 said:

Dude... I just took it and I usually get -0-1 on LG as well, but the last game was the most confusing thing ever! I had 18 minutes to finish the last game but I just could not do it....

• kmattkmatt Core Member
    71 karma

All sections seemed rough for me. LG is my best (I average -1) and I had to completely guess on the last 3 questions because I ran out of time. RC was also so hard to comprehend. If I was allowed to say what I read I wouldn’t even be able to lol. LR was a little harder than normal but not crazy harder like RC. The amount of certain question types compared to others did throw me off a bit.

• kmattkmatt Core Member
    71 karma

Anyone else considering signing up for the June already without even seeing their score results yet?

• MartianmanMartianman Core Member
    211 karma

LR is typically my best and I just was confounded really early on, got hung up on 7, 9, and 12. Usually do 10 in 10 min with very little issue but I was stuck at 7 11 min in and had to guess on more than I’m used to. RC seemed fairly straightforward and LG felt pretty easy

• wcg35wcg35 Member
    16 karma

@TwoEuphoric116 said:

I have averaged -2.1 for last 10 LG sections on PTs. This time I got REKT. I wouldn't be shocked if I got -7 or even -9 for that matter. I'm still holding out on the hopes that I managed like a -4 since I was really rushed at the end and can't really estimate my score

• reigardgrantreigardgrant Member
    edited April 2021 18 karma

@wcg35 said:

@TwoEuphoric116 said:

I have averaged -2.1 for last 10 LG sections on PTs. This time I got REKT. I wouldn't be shocked if I got -7 or even -9 for that matter. I'm still holding out on the hopes that I managed like a -4 since I was really rushed at the end and can't really estimate my score

Did you have Engineering Game? and the Grants from the district?

• wcg35wcg35 Member
    16 karma

@reigardgrant said:

@wcg35 said:

@TwoEuphoric116 said:

Did you have Engineering Game? and the Grants from the district?

No I did not. I have read that the two major sentiments regarding LG seem to be extremely easy or extremely difficult. While it could be different reactions to the same section I think its more likely different reactions to entirely different sections

• lukebrumfieldlukebrumfield Core Member
    14 karma

What was everyone else's wait time from scheduled time to test start? Mine was 4:20 PDT and 6:00 PDT still no workspace check

• reigardgrantreigardgrant Member
    18 karma

@lukebrumfield said:
    What was everyone else's wait time from scheduled time to test start? Mine was 4:20 PDT and 6:00 PDT still no workspace check

Holy, I had 1:50 and was connected with a proctor and starting around 2:10 if not earlier.

• itonydelatorreitonydelatorre Core Member
    158 karma

I hate volcanoes. All I have for them is hate. Jazz sucks too, and I hope everyone forgets the history of it. And I'm going to make it my personal mission to make sure no parks or roads ever get grants again...

Basically, I don't think I did well.

• kmattkmatt Core Member
    edited April 2021 71 karma

What😳😳 My test didn’t have any of those topics lol @itonydelatorre

• natalienardonatalienardo Core Member
    24 karma

Don't regret postponing your test date, if you feel that a few more months of prep is going to help you get closer to your goal score then you made the best choice! You won't be the first or last to postpone a test date to better your chances at your goal score. Wishing you the best of luck on your prep and lsat journey! > @"giulia.pines" said:

Congratulations to everyone who just finished! I postponed my test date to June and am now dealing with feelings of regret and envy for those who took the plunge. I wish I were done and I admire all of you!

• natalienardonatalienardo Core Member
    24 karma

For those who also took the January 2021 LSAT, would you say April is harder, easier or the same? Thank you! Wishing you all the best of luck on your journey to becoming great lawyers!

• taylorthehopefultaylorthehopeful Core Member
    69 karma

@natalienardo said:
    For those who also took the January 2021 LSAT, would you say April is harder, easier or the same? Thank you! Wishing you all the best of luck on your journey to becoming great lawyers!

Felt like it was easier, although that may be because I had technical difficulties that threw me off in January. Best of luck to you!

• RyanazRRyanazR Member
    208 karma

Does anyone have thoughts on how this test fares compared to May Flex and PT87?

• Anyone know of a PT that would be similar to what you guys took today?

• rnarayan95rnarayan95 Member
    37 karma

My proctor told me to rip up all my paper after my first section so had no scrap paper, plus lost time in the beginning of a section 🙃 heart rate never returned to normal

• Waffle23Waffle23 Alum Member
    603 karma

Supposed to start at noon. Bc of connectivity/webcam issues didn’t get to start until around 2:30pm. Longest day ever. I got interrupted twice in the middle of the exam Bc my webcam apparently wasn’t showing video. I had an external one connected via USB. No issues when I did the equipment check. Sighs. Anyway I had a law-related passage, Mexican murals, water usage, and birds for my RC. LR included like 4 disag type qs and one on politicians dodging qs. Games included the one about grants/parks/roads.

Afraid that I messed up on one of the earlier games Bc I hadn’t accounted that the rule could be diagrammed two different ways. Hoping I got most of the LG points though. Messed up on LR for sure. Felt I was stuck b/w 2 answers for like 5-6 qs. I think this was just bc I hadn’t practiced enough of the tougher LR qs. RC was average/ ok to me. Although that last passage about birds got me F’d up Bc I literally didn’t know the meaning of a crucial word in the passage. It wasn’t until I was reading over some of the qs/answer choices that I could finally figure out the meaning. Middle of the passage was still confusing though.

Anyway. Good luck everyone. Maybe I’ll sign up for June, maybe I won’t. We shall see.

• Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
    1384 karma

@rnarayan95 said:
    My proctor told me to rip up all my paper after my first section so had no scrap paper, plus lost time in the beginning of a section 🙃 heart rate never returned to normal

What a horrible situation. Ugh... I can't even imagine. Hopefully that first section was logic games.

• rnarayan95rnarayan95 Member
    37 karma

@rnarayan95 said:

help does anyone have any advice for my appealing for a retake?

• kananjarruskananjarrus Core Member
    edited April 2021 39 karma

@rnarayan95 said:

My proctor interrupted me three times during the logic games section because he said my face wasn't in the video because I was looking down at my scrap paper??? Then he made me adjust my camera and kept making me adjust it up or down. He also drew an arrow on my screen to look at the chat even though he didn't write anything in the chat. SO FRUSTRATING! You should definitely try and appeal for a retake or something. UGH!!

• chaplin___chaplin___ Alum Member
    596 karma

Order was LR RC LG for me. Had a hard time focusing on LR since it's the first section, but in terms of difficulty, it's on par with the mid to late 80s. There were 26 questions, and one of the late 20s was an intense curvebreaker. Games 3 and 4 are unusual at first glance but manageable. I skipped the third game then came back to finish it with time to spare. RC was the hardest for me. Topics were Mexican murals, bike trials, volcanoes, and IP law in that order. Last passage was comparative and really difficult. Hopefully the curve is generous but I doubt it will be.

• jaea6195jaea6195 Core Member
    67 karma

@ingramc2 said:

April 29

• msupp123msupp123 Core Member
    20 karma

@cassettecounty said:
    Shitty experience. My 3rd take. The proctor booted me out of the test in the middle of my reading comprehension section as they claimed my video feed was off. The green light next to my built-in camera was on the whole time. Doesn't make sense to me. Anyhow, thanks to this I was out of the test for 3-4 minutes while they reestablished the feed. Wonderful way to ruin my retention of the passage I was working on. Will be filling out a complaint form but don't know if I'll have any luck getting a retake. Thoughts from anyone with experience requesting a retake would be much appreciated.

This happened to me in October, ProctorU claimed my internet went out even though I could still speak to the proctor and it threw me out of RC mid-passage. I filed a complaint and it was accepted but it took them a long time to get back to me. Score was cancelled and they gave me a voucher to retake.

• turvsbroturvsbro Member
    90 karma

@ingramc2 said:

4/29/21