Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I un-ProctorU my laptop?

arnisya97arnisya97 Alum Member

Hey all! Hope everyone is doing well.
I took the LSAT-Flex in August and during my session my proctor took control of my laptop for a while and did some stuff. I didn't pay attention. Going into law because I can't technology.
Now, I can't take screenshots with my laptop or use video on Zoom.
Does anyone know how I fix these issues? I have an 11 year old MacBook Pro.
Thanks in advance!! <3

Comments

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    396 karma

It might be because of the ProctorU extension that needs to be downloaded to take the test. If you haven't already disabled it you should try that first.

• yeah I had the same go into your 'System Preferences' on the launch pad. From there you want to go to 'Keyboard'. From there you will see 'Screenshots' on the left and the proctor will have unchecked those boxes, recheck them. I'm not sure why video isnt working for Zoom. There would have been no reason to disable video recording on the macbook considering the proctor needs that camera on to watch you. Let me know if you need more help

• arnisya97arnisya97 Alum Member
    139 karma

@OldLadyK said:
    It might be because of the ProctorU extension that needs to be downloaded to take the test. If you haven't already disabled it you should try that first.

Thanks for your response! :)

• arnisya97arnisya97 Alum Member
    139 karma

@"austin.edwards1993" said:
    yeah I had the same go into your 'System Preferences' on the launch pad. From there you want to go to 'Keyboard'. From there you will see 'Screenshots' on the left and the proctor will have unchecked those boxes, recheck them. I'm not sure why video isnt working for Zoom. There would have been no reason to disable video recording on the macbook considering the proctor needs that camera on to watch you. Let me know if you need more help

Thank you!! This fixed the issue :)

• emilyj97vlymanemilyj97vlyman Free Trial Member
    edited April 2021 2 karma

Gosh, thanks that I found this thread and for your advises.
    Honestly, I had the same problem and I thought I would have to buy another laptop. I had to delete Proctor U because there was nothing I could do. But the most important thing was that I bought this laptop not long ago from here https://thecursedcrusade.com/best-gaming-laptop-under-600/, and I thought I would have to return it, but now I see that everything is fine.

• HL___393HL___393 Member
    41 karma

If anyone else is having this problem, on the ProctorU website they actually have a Q&A with everything that might have been changed on your laptop and how to fix it! I don’t recall exactly where it is but happy to help find it again if others can’t find it