Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting on Behalf of a 7Sage User: PrepTests from the 90s

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
in General 5740 karma

[I am posting on behalf of a 7Sage user. Please feel free to leave your comments below. Thank you for your help!]

Are PrepTests from the 90s still good practice for the current exam? I know the test can change a little bit throughout the years, I just don't want to hurt my progress by practicing on questions that won't simulate the real exam. please let me know, thank you.

Comments

• andre3000andre3000 Alum Member
    137 karma

I am by no means an expert, but have seen a ton of improvement by using old versions of the test (PT 1-16). I didn't necessarily take them as a test, but instead have used them to drill. Overall, there are minor differences (no dual passage for RC, sometimes Parallel Reasoning & Parallel Flaw distinction might not be made and LR is generally a bit less rigorous), but have not found any of it to be "hurting" my progress.

• BigJay20BigJay20 Member
    438 karma

@andre3000 said:
    I am by no means an expert, but have seen a ton of improvement by using old versions of the test (PT 1-16). I didn't necessarily take them as a test, but instead have used them to drill. Overall, there are minor differences (no dual passage for RC, sometimes Parallel Reasoning & Parallel Flaw distinction might not be made and LR is generally a bit less rigorous), but have not found any of it to be "hurting" my progress.

I agree. Recent LR is disgusting. It's less of testing logic than being able to weed through bs answers