Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have to do all the hours/ is that the general consensus for those who have gotten 170+

maibkh4-1maibkh4-1 Member
in General 21 karma

Hello, I am new here, planning on taking the LSAT in a bit over 4 months and I’m planning on dedicating 8 hours a day.
So my question is for those that have been doing this, is it a general rule to accomplish all 800 hours in 7Sage? Or is it relative per person? please share your thoughts, id love to hear some.

Comments

• 86 karma

Bro you might want to reevaluate doing 8 hours a day. Studying for that long might just give you diminishing returns.

• ConstantineConstantine Member
    edited April 2021 1320 karma

@"BobtheBuilder-1" said:
    Bro you might want to reevaluate doing 8 hours a day. Studying for that long might just give you diminishing returns.

For sure.

• lizzogonzolizzogonzo Member
    628 karma

Contrary to popular belief, I don't think it's the number of hours you put in that matters but how you study with the hours that you can dedicate to the exam. Sure you could do 8 hours a day but practice bad habits and end up not at your goal score. Of course you need to put in a sufficient number of hours every week, it seems like you have more than enough time to do 20-25 hours per week to study, which is more than enough so long as you have the right habits.

You also have to take the 800 hours on the sage scheduling w/ a grain of salt. If you look through it, you are expected to do every PT 1-89 + M20. Not very realistic even for someone with all the free time in the world.

I would suggest though to have at least 2 months before the exam taking full prep tests. That's at least 8 full tests, possibly more if you have enough time to take 2 or 3 per week (I say 2 max is enough). And again w/ taking prep tests it's not really how many you take but how well you review your tests afterwards, make a plan to improve on your weaknesses/sharpen your strengths, and make the exam a habit.