Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Must be True Questions

moniemadridmoniemadrid Member
edited April 2021 in Logical Reasoning 179 karma

Hi there,

I hope all is well.

Does anyone have any tips for Must be True questions?

Comments

• 1050 karma

Could you elaborate more on what specifically you're having trouble with?

• moniemadridmoniemadrid Member
    179 karma

The answer choices, sometimes I feel as if the answer choice aren't supported by the statements.

• moniemadridmoniemadrid Member
    179 karma

@"Burden.of.Floof" said:
    Could you elaborate more on what specifically you're having trouble with?

The answer choices, sometimes I feel as if the answer choice aren't supported by the statements.

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

@moniemadrid Do you have a specific question where this happens? Generally the questions are just directly from the logical chain you make, and or in their contrapositive form if they want to ramp up the difficulty or via the valid inferences we learned in CC with the 'some' & 'most' valid inferences.
    Are you having trouble parsing the language? Making the logical chain? Sometimes I think the arguments and ACs are counterintuitive or goes against common sense but that does not matter because we have to follow the logic in the stimulus. I think JY in one of his video says something like.
    If the sun rises in the East then the sky will be purple. The sun rose in the East. This is obviously counterintuitive but we would need to find the answer choice that says the sky will be purple.
    Are you having trouble with the 4 groups of logical indicators?

• 1050 karma

Yeah exactly @kkole444 The LSAT doesn't care about soundness, just validity. Right @"Jordan Johnson" ?? :wink:

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

ohhhh @"Burden.of.Floof" what's the ☕

• Jordan JohnsonJordan Johnson Member
    edited April 2021 686 karma

@"Burden.of.Floof" Hahaha at this point I'm not even sure if I know the difference any more.

• Slow is FastSlow is Fast Alum Member
    edited April 2021 445 karma

Lol, @"Burden.of.Floof" @"Jordan Johnson" noooo we spent too much time on this!!

Validity means premises correctly lead to conclusion. (Premises are true, but not necessarily factually true irl).
    Soundness means argument is valid and premises are also factually true.

LSAT is only interested in asking us to evaluate valid arguments. Soundness isn't an issue because we automatically assume premises given to us on the test are true. Or LSAT adds the "which of the following, if true" phrase to bolster that assumption.

@moniemadrid sorry to hijack your thread. To answer your question, MBTs are usually regurgitated facts from the stimulus. On easier questions, it's typically the same sentence with synonyms to replace a few words. On harder questions, it's more often a fact that can be proven by combining ideas from one or two ideas found throughout the stimulus.

• tukunyakalagotukunyakalago Free Trial Member
    edited March 25 4 karma

Must be true questions on exams, such as the LSAT, demand precise comprehension and critical analysis. These questions assess a test-taker's ability to discern the statements that align closely with the information provided. They require thorough reading and logical deduction rather than inference or assumption. For LSAT preparation, focusing on mastering these questions is crucial. Accessing resources like the most strongly supported lsat materials provides targeted practice and strategies essential for success. By honing these skills, test-takers can navigate must be true questions with confidence and accuracy.