Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those taking the August test, how are you doing PTs?

sebast50sebast50 Member
in General 27 karma

With the new format being introduced in August (4 sections, 1 being unscored), are you taking PTs with a Flex format (3 sections) or the traditional format of 4 scored sections? I'm not really sure how to best approach it

Comments

• 150 karma

• legallybreelegallybree Live Member
    32 karma

I am taking 4 sections. For my diagnostic I did do the Flex format but I considered that to be unproductive since test day will have 4 sections.

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4306 karma

Just food for thought: You could take a PT as a Flex and randomly select a 4th section to mix up RC/LR/LG. Otherwise if you straight up practice a PT with its 4 sections each take, you're only practicing the possibility of receiving a 2nd LR section as your experimental as opposed to the possibility of receiving RC or LG as an experimental.

• SheboyganBoiSheboyganBoi Member
    195 karma

Similar to what Law and Yoda said above, I've been taking my PTs in flex format with another tab open with a separate full 4th section ready to go. With each PT, I've been rotating when I do the 4th section (first, second, third, or fourth) and I've also been rotating the type of section it is since we won't know what it'll be. I'm also probably going to be doing a few 5 sections tests between now and August since it might be helpful for building stamina