Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Writing Sample Mistake #Oof #help

yunonsieyunonsie Member
in General 611 karma

When my writing sample time was up, I looked over my submission again and realized I freaking left a draft paragraph in there!! There are basically two iterations of a paragraph, but they make slightly different points. I'm irritated with myself for such a small yet confusing mistake (it's not clear which is the one to be deleted). What should I do now? Can I schedule a retake for this? I doubt it but want to ask y'all anyway. I'm planning to retake the LSAT and rewrite the essay, but are both samples going to be sent with my score? Thoughts on how I can rectify? TIA!

Comments

• Cravath170Cravath170 Core Member
    166 karma

Call LSAC and ask them to cancel it

• Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
    1384 karma

Sorry, wish I could say more, but I haven't heard of anyone running into this situation yet. Perhaps try Reddit too? I definitely second calling LSAC to see what can be done. Would you mind letting us know if you find out about whether both samples do get sent?

Hope this resolves well!!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

If you explain it to them the way it happened, they may or may not cancel it for you. If you explain it in some other way, they may be more likely to cancel it for you. I had my first writing cancelled but that was because the site actually locked up then wouldn't let me back in to complete it. Called in and they reset it for me. This is not a recommendation one way or another.

Without getting into the ethics of it all, I can say for sure that if it processes, a second writing won't replace it. They will send every valid writing submission that is less 5 years old with your apps.

• yunonsieyunonsie Member
    611 karma

@"Lime Green Dot" @canihazJD @Cravath170 thank you all! i'm still face palming lmao