Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have any Hobbies/ things you look forward to doing once the LSAT is over?

kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
edited April 2021 in General 1687 karma

With us all dedicated to the LSAT and my life seemly is all LSAT for the past year.
I'd like to hear about some of the hobbies/ things you enjoy doing, are doing/will be doing once everything opens back up?
I liked to go trap shooting with my father before Covid hit. Or going snowmobiling out West in the mountains, even though I broke my leg a few years back that required 8 pins in my leg... I also like to go fishing in the gulf and or just getting out on the water and soaking up the sun. I feel like I haven't had any vitamin D since March 2020, because the LSAT and Covid. I feel like I could just grab a bottle of Sunny D and it absorbs through my skin😂😂

Comments

• moniemadridmoniemadrid Member
    179 karma

watching a movie wihout feeling guilty

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

@moniemadrid If that ain't the truth!

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

Well, all I have to say is this: I am still getting plenty of sunshine and enjoying myself even while studying for the LSAT. Physical and mental wellbeing are utterly under-valued aspects to doing well on this test lmao.

1687 karma

@yang9999 I agree that Physical and mental health are under-valued! I am happy to hear that you are getting plenty of sunshine and enjoying yourself!😊 I use to get 'burn-out' because I was not taking the time and distancing myself from the LSAT to give my brain and body a break. Now that I do that, studying for the LSAT is easier and my scores have increased immensely!

• edited April 2021 1050 karma

This is fun to think about! I plan on doing a LOT of cooking and baking.

• 375 karma

Totally agree that maintaining a balanced life while studying is super important. I've really struggled with that since I also have to balance working full time and taking care of obligations I have at home. Needless to say I can't wait to be done with the exam to get some time back and enjoy doing absolutely nothing every now and then.

• Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
    edited April 2021 1384 karma

Yes to cooking! Probably playing a few RPGs I've missed, but not enough to get addicted coz that would be death in law school. Oh, and finally moving past intermediate-level Korean. LSAT made me believe I can learn anything hahahaha.

1687 karma

@"Lime Green Dot" Learning Korean that is awesome!! I want to play Assassins Creed Valhalla, I'm a sucker for the Assassins Creed games.

• mmanjarrmmanjarr Core Member
    43 karma

hitting new lifting PRs!!!! I need more time at the gym but since I am studying I limit myself to an hour and then jet out

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    edited April 2021 1470 karma

doing everything I currently do but without the guilt lmao, also probably recovering from my lsat-inflicted ptsd

• 176 karma

if anyone else is taking the June test and then done for a while, that is the best time to come visit Alaska!I cannot wait to get back to training for the mountain races this summer, go flying, I definitely want to pick back up with sign language haha I started learning it a long while back but I just was given an awesome self-teaching book, ummm and I also just bought a pedal boat for 50$ so we'll take the maiden voyage as soon as the lake I live on thaws. if some crazy person does make it up here for a break-cation/ever, I love playing tour guide and you can pay me in stories but only as long as you're not a serial killer or something

• yang9999yang9999 Core Member
    419 karma

@kkole444 said:
    @"Lime Green Dot" Learning Korean that is awesome!! I want to play Assassins Creed Valhalla, I'm a sucker for the Assassins Creed games.

Ezio stans unite!

1687 karma

@yang9999 AYYYEEE😎

• vspicy23vspicy23 Member
    190 karma

traveling the world

• Jennifer 2021-1-1Jennifer 2021-1-1 Core Member
    204 karma

Learning Sign Language

• laurenjeslaurenjes Member
    9 karma

Enjoying my youth again

• chaplin___chaplin___ Alum Member
    596 karma

I’d like to make more comics and draw more in general! Also learning more about blender and maybe how to animate. also more leisurely reading!

• edited April 2021 540 karma

I would love to get back into long-distance cycling! 50+ miles in one day over the weekend and racking up the mileage in the weekday mornings prior to work. Average 100 miles per week.

• tatas911tatas911 Member
    76 karma

@carlyboyd1991 im taking june and can't wait to travel..... major inspo for visiting AK! thanks for the plug will definitely consider!!!!

• 424 karma

@carlyboyd1991 that actually sounds amazing. I’ve always wanted to visit Alaska. Thanks for the inspiration to cross the finish line strong!

• Lime Green DotLime Green Dot Member
    1384 karma

@kkole444 said:

Oh I should give these a try! I'm a softie and used to play a lot of FF & KH. The newer MK games look sick though.

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

The week after writing the June test, I'm taking off for the Dalmation coast in Croatia for a month. If I get stuck there, I'll be ok with that!

• Long distance endurance training and traveling. Going to travel Europe and cycle through the mountains while I live in Italy on the Army's dime.

• 540 karma

@"Thought this was the GMAT" said:
    Long distance endurance training and traveling. Going to travel Europe and cycle through the mountains while I live in Italy on the Army's dime.

@"Thought this was the GMAT" This sounds like a great life!

• sarahblairsarahblair Core Member
    604 karma

Going to enjoy senior year of college!!!!! Good luck everyone

1687 karma

@marcellali Where do you plan on traveling? Any good recommendations?

1687 karma

@"Jennifer 2021" I use to be able to sign in middle school/high school but then I stopped. Not sure why I did but looking back wish I would have at least kept up the basics on it... I hoping if I try to learn it again that it will come back faster than learning it the first time!

1687 karma

@laurenjes @sarahblair I agree! though I've already graduated it'd be nice to enjoy some down time before the life of a law student begins!

1687 karma

@chaplin___ Wow, that super cool! Do you mostly draw them on paper or do you make them digitally? I definitely will be doing more leisure reading as well! When I first stated and JY mentioned that the LSAT will Likely take over your life for a while, I was like 'nahhh' but now it has...

1687 karma

@"Forever Addicted to Coffee" I have never cycled, but a 100 miles in a week seems like a lot of cycling. How long does 50 miles in a day take?

1687 karma

@sarakimmel UHH I just googled that and I am jealous! I too would not mind if I got stuck there. It looks so beautiful there! That would be a nice gift to oneself for completing the LSAT.

edited April 2021 1687 karma

@"Thought this was the GMAT" I enjoy driving though the mountains of west coast. But I could never imagine cycling though them...

• Second Language-1-1Second Language-1-1 Alum Member
    82 karma

Anyone plays Diablo 2? Is it just me?

• @"Forever Addicted to Coffee" said:

@"Thought this was the GMAT" said:
    Long distance endurance training and traveling. Going to travel Europe and cycle through the mountains while I live in Italy on the Army's dime.

@"Thought this was the GMAT" This sounds like a great life!

I can't complain, got very fortunate in the assignment lottery. But the Army can definitely still be the Army, and Soldiers will always do Soldier things and ruin your day...

1687 karma

@"Second Language" I have never played any of the Diablos. This jsut popped into my head responding to you is: lawyers setting their problems on 'Rust' in Call of Duty MW2, which it probably my favorite game of all time, for online play! I remember those lobbies back in middle school had me googling all sort of stuff on my Ipod😂😂

1687 karma

@"Lime Green Dot" I have no gotten into FF, though I have been told I should because of the type of games I play. have you played Days Gone? That might be the best story game I have ever played, plus the graphics are stellar.

• LawBound-1LawBound-1 Yearly Member
    90 karma

Going on a long, long vacation.

1687 karma

@YesToday where do you have in mind?

• edited April 2021 183 karma

@kkole444 said:
    @"Thought this was the GMAT" I enjoy driving though the mountains of west coast. But I could never imagine cycling though them...

I'm trying to do some long endurance events and cycling through hills is great training. It's also great mental toughness and resiliency training. I have found that the lessons I get from physical stressful training are extremely helpful in LSAT prep and on test day believe it or not.

Also, it depends on where you're biking, but if you're on flat ground 50 miles takes roughly around 3 hours. I did a 60 mile ride in 3:15 with a friend, but we also were doing more of a bike tour across the countryside so we stopped often at little cafes and sights to take pictures and I didn't have my computer set up so it kept time running a few times. If you're in the mountains that time gets a lot slower.

I actually was assigned at JBLM in Tacoma so I am very familiar with the west coast mountains. Proposed to my wife on Mount Rainier!

1687 karma

@"Thought this was the GMAT" I've been to Mount Rainer, I've been to the Panorama point and stayed in a ski lodge near there.
    I would have guessed that it took a lot longer than 3 hours to go 60 miles.
    I use to go to the gym everyday before they shut down, but now I try and powerwalk/jog and do pushups sit-ups to get my exercise in. I like to run, however, with the road being much harder than a treadmill, it kills my ankle. The cartilage/liquid in my ankle is barely there since I broke it, so its more so, bone on bone but once the gyms open back up I want to get back to lifting!

• @kkole444 said:
    @"Thought this was the GMAT" I've been to Mount Rainer, I've been to the Panorama point and stayed in a ski lodge near there.
    I would have guessed that it took a lot longer than 3 hours to go 60 miles.
    I use to go to the gym everyday before they shut down, but now I try and powerwalk/jog and do pushups sit-ups to get my exercise in. I like to run, however, with the road being much harder than a treadmill, it kills my ankle. The cartilage/liquid in my ankle is barely there since I broke it, so its more so, bone on bone but once the gyms open back up I want to get back to lifting!

You should look into road cycling. It still stresses your body in different ways but it's a lot easier on the joints. I've done a lot of training in the military (Ranger School, Airborne, many unit training events and hundreds of miles of rucking), and my knees and back are pretty worn out, and even though I enjoy running, cycling has given me that endurance outlet without the stress on my joints since its low impact. I love to lift and Crossfit, too, and fortunately my job gets me access to the gyms, but cycling is a great endurance option.

1687 karma

@"Thought this was the GMAT" I will look into it, I never even considered it an option before. I thought the bikes and helmet and shoes and stuff were crazy expensive, but I did some googling and there are not nearly as expensive as I thought, I think a used bike would be fine for me to see if I actually like doing it before I plunge head first in. I do like challenges that push my bodies endurance and mental toughness.

596 karma

@kkole444 said:
    @chaplin___ Wow, that super cool! Do you mostly draw them on paper or do you make them digitally? I definitely will be doing more leisure reading as well! When I first stated and JY mentioned that the LSAT will Likely take over your life for a while, I was like 'nahhh' but now it has...

a bit of both! but I like the immediacy of pen on paper and can't agree more haha LSAT prep has practically consumed my life though I try to workout every day and take a break here and there

• @kkole444 said:
    @"Thought this was the GMAT" I will look into it, I never even considered it an option before. I thought the bikes and helmet and shoes and stuff were crazy expensive, but I did some googling and there are not nearly as expensive as I thought, I think a used bike would be fine for me to see if I actually like doing it before I plunge head first in. I do like challenges that push my bodies endurance and mental toughness.

Great. Totally agree, definitely start with something used. You’re going to wipe out, that’s inevitable, so better on a starter used bike than a brand new Bianchi. If you have any questions shoot me a DM.

1687 karma

Great. Totally agree, definitely start with something used. You’re going to wipe out, that’s inevitable, so better on a starter used bike than a brand new Bianchi. If you have any questions shoot me a DM.

@"Thought this was the GMAT"
    Thank you! I will reach out if I have any questions!

1687 karma

@chaplin___ said:
    @kkole444 said:

a bit of both! but I like the immediacy of pen on paper and can't agree more haha LSAT prep has practically consumed my life though I try to workout every day and take a break here and there

Do you have a specific genre you like to make? I think it'd be great to have a forum on here where we showcase 7Sager's other skills such as: comic making, poetry, writing, photography, drawing, painting and many of the other hidden talents that 7Sagers have!

596 karma

@kkole444 said:

@chaplin___ said:
    @kkole444 said:

Do you have a specific genre you like to make? I think it'd be great to have a forum on here where we showcase 7Sager's other skills such as: comic making, poetry, writing, photography, drawing, painting and many of the other hidden talents that 7Sagers have!

I do cartoons! I also like poetry and writing in general. and I think that’s a great idea!

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

Worry about law school :)

1687 karma

@This_is_Hard there should at least be a period of time where you feel good about your apps and before we go into worry mode about law school😁

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    edited April 2021 815 karma

@kkole444 said:
    @This_is_Hard there should at least be a period of time where you feel good about your apps and before we go into worry mode about law school😁

I had probably a good week after my LSAT. Than it was worry about my score. After I got my score, it was worrying about whether I'd get a offer. Once I got my offer, the most worrisome of them all, was thinking of law school and the road ahead as a lawyer.