Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June or Aug LSAT

hvdfloridahvdflorida Member
in General 8 karma

Hi!

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to take the June LSAT since there's no experimental, or suck it up and take the Aug or Oct tests when I will be more prepared and ready.

I initially intended to take the Aug LSAT and had structured my course study to do so, but with the announcement of the experimental returning after June, I want to be most efficient in my testing and will grind especially hard if and only if it's worth it to not take the experimental.

Thoughts from people who have taken the experimental and the og test? Preference to one or the other? Reasons?

Comments

• christoph-1christoph-1 Core Member
    8 karma

take the june, worst case is you mess it up and you have to do the august anyways.

• evan.006evan.006 Member
    82 karma

I slightly disagree with @christoph-1's statement. I had originally planned to take the LSAT during the April date, but ended up pushing it to June. I did this for a couple of different reasons -- the LSAT is expensive, so if you do not think that you're going to do well enough, then why take it and waste over $200? Also, I don't see the point in showing law schools a slightly lower LSAT score when you could have waited a few months and scored some points higher.

Yes, it sucks that taking it in August means that you'll have to deal with the experimental section. But IMO that's a preferable option to rushing your preparation and taking the LSAT when you aren't ready. As you've probably seen with PTs, the LSAT isn't something that one should rush into with the mentality of thinking that the LSAT writers will be nice that month. Rather, they can be sadistic and throw at you the next infamous game --- having an easy test is a miracle that does not happen often.

• 1952 karma

i think this may well apply to you. i do not think that experimental vs. non-experimental issue outweighs this advice: https://7sage.com/take-lsat-in-june-or-delay/

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma