Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

correcting setup mid game

tahurrrrrtahurrrrr Member
in Logic Games 1106 karma

So I'm able to make the majority of the inferences in logic games and I'm almost always able to finish a whole section with no pacing issues. My problem is I tend to get sloppy. Either i accidentally skip a rule altogether or I'll make the tough inference only to waste it by combining it with another rule incorrectly.

I'm trying to find the best way for me to be as meticulous as possible so i don't have this issue to begin with. But in the meantime, any strategies for correcting errors midgame without it costing me the rest of the section?

I can taste the -0 but it keeps alluding me!!!

Comments

• andre3000andre3000 Alum Member
    137 karma

Hey, so I'm not sure how good of a habit it is to correct games midway through... to have a plan to "correct" errors midgame would mean somewhat accepting that it will happen. I know exactly what you are talking about, personally was there as well, but I think focusing on not making mistakes upfront is a much better strategy. To do that, a simple strategy would be: stop & think about each rule, even if it doesn't seem like you can make inferences - do a couple 'plays' of the game to get a feel, and be organized for each question (that way you can reference past game boards).

For me, the -0 didn't come until I had the easy games down pat (oddly enough). It wasn't when I could do the harder games within the time, but instead when the easy games were WAY under the target time. This would help ensure that I had all the time I needed for the harder games.

This coincidentally meant I stopped making incorrect inferences because I knew I had the time & could stay level headed through the harder games.

Some time saving strategies I implemented - understanding the question type (how to hunt for a MBT, CBT and MBF), having the past game boards referenceable, and really understanding SC vs NC triggering. From my own experience, these strategies & pushing on the easy games led to the -0 happening.

I know this might not be the answer you are looking for, but I hope it helps! I'm by no means an expert, but have been through your stage, understand how it's frustrating & hoping that someone else struggles a little less than myself.