Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get into the LR mindset

alienman1000alienman1000 Core Member

Been consistently in the low 160s for the past month and though I have made progress, I struggle sometimes to be in the LR mindset. Sometimes I can focus on stimuli and use my methods for question types easily and other times i barely understand what i am reading. This has led to -4 last time on my lr to -10 yesterday on a pt. How do i get consistent and in the lr mindset when doing pts?

Thanks

Comments

• SheboyganBoiSheboyganBoi Member
    195 karma

Having a specific pre-PT routine has definitely helped me with getting focused and in the right mindset to take a test. My personal routine looks something like this:
    - Take my phone out of the room, fill up my water bottle, and prep my workspace
    - I go over some quizlet flashcard sets I made for: my LR question type strategies, common LSAT argument flaws, and valid/invalid argument forms
    - Short warmup of old questions consisting of 1 RC passage, 1 LG, and 5-7 LR questions
    - 10-15 minutes of meditation to focus, relax, and get any other thoughts out before taking the PT

That's just what I do personally because it gets me thinking about things I'll need to remember during the test, gets me warmed up by seeing questions before the actual PT, and helps me relax and focus. Obviously different things work for different people, but having a set routine that you follow consistently will help you get in the right mindset if it helps in similar ways to what I've just mentioned. Hope this helped!

• alienman1000alienman1000 Core Member
    135 karma

Hey thanks! I do basically the same exact thing except for the 5-7 LR questions. I think I gotta do that moving forward. Thanks!